Talk

Advanced search

Car breakdowns are worse then minor bumps

(3 Posts)
PizzaSlut Mon 29-Oct-12 22:53:37

Today I managed to destroy the drive shaft in my car and I'll happily say I'll scuff car bumpers and be hit by someone than sit there on a road not being able to move.

I hate the fact that I was stuck in the car busting for a wee and having to wait for the AA. With my minor bumps I exchanged details and was on my way quicker and still had a car to drive.

kellestar Tue 30-Oct-12 11:30:15

IKWYM I hate breaking down, typically in the middle of nowhere, no mobile reception and busting for a wee. I've walked miles in search of houses to use phones, and pee'd in a few hedges.

I once got a flat tire late at night [on the way back from an antenatal yoga class] about 30 weeks pregnant, on my own, no family to call and rescue me, in the middle of nowhere. DH had gone out about 2 hours drive away, except he had no car, so would have to get a taxi at great expense. RAC quoted 4 hours. I called my friend's dad who works at the local garage, he came and changed it for me. I just didn't have the strength to turn the handle for the jack, it kept slipping and was worried about hurting myself.

At least with minor bumps you can be over and done with quite quickly and be on your way.

InvasionOfTheBodyShatners Tue 30-Oct-12 11:33:32

I agree. Breaking down is soul destroying. It's the fact you can't do anything, you can't even kick yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now