Talk

Advanced search

To think some of the things ebayers quibble over is ridiculous?

(10 Posts)
ilikeyoursleeves Mon 29-Oct-12 19:19:26

I just sold a near brand new maternity cardigan for 99p. Cost me about £20. The stupid buyer then complains that I hadn't described it properly cos the sleeves aren't long enough to keep her arms warm in winter, wtf?! They covered my arms enough! Thinks she must have very long arms or something or just likes to stir!

Grrrr AIBU?

Euphemiaaaarrrrgggghhhh Mon 29-Oct-12 19:27:10

Silly bunt - over 99p's worth of cardi?!

YANBU!

mummytowillow Mon 29-Oct-12 19:29:54

Some ebayers do take the p***! I sold lovely girls dress for 99p, buyer took 10 days to pay, i left negative feedback, she finally decided to pay and got my negative feedback removed.

She had other negs for paying late for other sellers. She then said item hadn't arrived so i had to refund her!

I think she had me over but i'd lost proof of postage angry

Walkacrossthesand Mon 29-Oct-12 19:31:36

Not just e-bay. I once had 2 GCSE revision guides listed on amazon for something like £1 each ( amazon makes you charge £2.80/item postage, too..) & had an enquiry from someone who wanted to buy both, look at them & return the one she didn't want! Sounded v. odd to me so I said no. Trouble is, the e-bay complaints process is stacked in favour of the buyer - if she launches a ' 'item not as described' grievance I expect she'll get her money back regardless of whether or not her complaint is logical. Don't suppose you have a photo of garment showing normal size sleeves?!

MyLastDuchess Mon 29-Oct-12 19:31:38

WTF?

I have read feedback on eBay where the buyer complained that an item of clothing didn't fit properly. I have no idea what dreamworld some people must live in.

StrawberrytallCAKE Mon 29-Oct-12 19:36:38

YANBU.

mummytowillow Mon 29-Oct-12 19:49:45

PS i forgot this one to, this one had me raging!

I sold my bridesmaid dresses on ebay, i got the price i wanted and was happy!

Until the cheeky cow relisted them using my wedding photos (i'd cut heads off) I asked her to remove the photos and she refused and told me to 'get a f'ing life'!

I reported and they took listing off I smile

MinkSlink Mon 29-Oct-12 20:20:26

I sell on ebay and as a general rule it always seems to be the items that sell for the least that I get the most hassle from. I have also noticed in teh last year or so that more and more buyers are starting to try and pull a fast one, i.e. "please don't send it recorded delivery, oh you only send recorded? I don't want it anymore then". Or "They don't fit properly, you should have mentioned they are a large 10, what are you going to do about it? I would like a partial refund" to mention but a few this month!!

Rant over blush

brrbrrwinteriscoming Mon 29-Oct-12 20:24:22

they are buggers!

GhostShip Mon 29-Oct-12 20:27:42

God some people are idiots!! I'm glad I haven't had any experiences like this. TOUCH WOOD..

Buyers who say their items havent arrived give us all a bad name though. Something didn't arrive to me a few weeks ago, I felt awful messaging the seller and knew what he must be thinking 'oh here's another one'. But I'd never lie about something like that.

Needless to say I waited 14 days, after that time he still didn't want to send me a replacement so I had to open a case

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now