Talk

Advanced search

To think dh does need to helps out in the winter clear out

(11 Posts)
altinkum Mon 29-Oct-12 17:40:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsKeithRichards Mon 29-Oct-12 17:44:24

It sounds like you're taking on a massive task in not a lot of time.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Mon 29-Oct-12 17:46:40

I think you are putting an enormous amount of pressure on yourself to do things that maybe are strictly speaking unnecessary. Cathartic, sensible, but not necessary.

YABabitU.

However, I do feel for your having to work so long over the weekend to make up your hours. (why do you not have childcare for the holidays?)

MrsKeithRichards Mon 29-Oct-12 17:46:54

Christmas is ages away! Chill enjoy your time off do little and often and you'll be fine.

I get massively focussed on mammoth tasks, unachievable. Then I get pissed off because dh isn't helping but in reality he's a bit bewildered and not sure what I'm doing!

Yanbu to expect help but I think yabu to be stressing about gettin the house ready for Christmas in October.

altinkum Mon 29-Oct-12 17:51:56

fraserboysmum Mon 29-Oct-12 17:52:37

God my DH would just get in my way !! But then i love a massive clear out, very therapeutic !
One thing though, if i am working hard to make OUR home nice and organised and ready for guests, Christmas, whatever, then i do expect him to help with dinner, baths, homework, bedtime stories that sort of thing ... is that an option ? it means you can get on with the task at hand (seeing as this is your only time to do it) but not feel too pressured to everything you need to get done in a normal day with kids ...

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Mon 29-Oct-12 17:53:13

I agree with MrsKR - take a break and enjoy your children. Do a bit, but don't try to do it all at once. It is soul destroying when you don't get it all done after having put pressure on yourself to do all of that.

How about just spending an hour in one room, bagging up stuff for the charity shop, stuff to chuck out and stuff to sell (if that's what you want to do).

[hmmm..... should take note of my own advice, too!]

MrsKeithRichards Mon 29-Oct-12 17:56:52

Does it really all need done in one big go?

Make a list of drawers, units etc you want to clear out. On their own I bet there isn't one you can't do in less than 15 minutes.

Work your way through at convenient times. When your running a bath or during adverts on t.v.

Before you know it you'll have
decluttered everywhere you want without it being this all consuming stressful job.

And what doesn't get done before Christmas just doesn't get done. It's no big deal. You won't blow up.

altinkum Mon 29-Oct-12 17:57:32

FredFredGeorge Mon 29-Oct-12 18:36:45

It doesn't sound at all like something that needs to be done. It sounds like something you want done, if he wants it done, then he should help. If he doesn't even see the need, then no he doesn't need to help.

He might want to help you out 'cos he knows you see the need, but you can't expect it I'm afraid.

Whoknowswhocares Mon 29-Oct-12 20:42:27

Preparing the house NOW for Christmas? In a house with kids?

Seriously save yourself some trouble.....it'll be a bomb site again a week after you've done it! Or is that just my house?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now