Talk

Advanced search

Babies Asleep in Walkers

(17 Posts)
PrettyHairClips Mon 29-Oct-12 10:09:30

This link was posted on Facebook and it caused quite a stir. It's basically a gallery of babies asleep in walkers.

www.thealphaparent.com/2012/10/babies-asleep-in-walkers.html

AIBU to wonder what all the fuss is about?

Flisspaps Mon 29-Oct-12 10:09:53

Baby walkers can be dangerous full stop.

LaCiccolina Mon 29-Oct-12 10:11:23

It's fine occasionally I'm sure just hope they aren't left to just fall asleep where ever they are all the time. Unlikely.

ChaosTrulyReigns Mon 29-Oct-12 10:11:29

Well, walkers are not recommended as very bad for posture.

So sleeping in it can't be gopd, I guess?

kinkyfuckery Mon 29-Oct-12 10:12:19

What fuss? The fuss over it being cute, or the fuss over it being wrong?

Mine fell asleep in their walker once or twice, and I always snapped a quick photo before I took them out smile

PumpkInDublic Mon 29-Oct-12 10:14:00

Meh, walkers can be dangerous if they fling themselves downstairs, but small children are a fun-bag of danger anyway.

I think it's sweet. Amazing how children just know "I need sleep now" and therefore their body accommodates that need regardless of noise or location. Wish I could do that. <tried to go back to bed after school run and failed>

PrettyHairClips Mon 29-Oct-12 10:16:32

Some people on the facebook page were saying it was neglectful.

Most of the photos feature jumperoos. Are they better than walkers?

PumpkInDublic Mon 29-Oct-12 10:22:27

I think it would be neglectful to leave a baby in one all day and not bother to do anything with them. But how you would gleam that from one picture of the baby asleep is beyond me. Like a previous poster said, if DC fell asleep in one you'd take a picture and then lift them out to go into bed/cot/basket etc.

Moominsarescary Mon 29-Oct-12 10:24:26

Ds3 was forever falling asleep in his jumperoo and his high chair. He'd sleep anywhere when he was small

Kalisi Mon 29-Oct-12 10:24:51

I can't speak for other babies but I for one would feel pretty guilty if I had left my DS alone and unattended long enough to actually fall asleep in his walker. That's because he has quite a long 'get to sleep' process though and it would take quite a while with him being obviously tired before he fell asleep. Maybe some babies just crash out with no warning but mine doesn't.

Moominsarescary Mon 29-Oct-12 10:27:03

Who says they are alone and unattended

freddiefrog Mon 29-Oct-12 10:27:11

I think it's sweet

I've got pics of mine asleep in their walker, a high chair, standing upright with head resting on the sofa, etc

Both of mine would just drop where they stood. I'd be playing with them one second, asleep the next. I'd never leave them like it, the occasional quick pic if it was funny/cute then I'd lift them out and into their cot

Kalisi Mon 29-Oct-12 10:31:30

They may not be but mine would have been. Only because when I see him getting tired in his walker I take him out so for him to actually fall asleep would mean I hadn't checked on him for a while hmm

poopnscoop Mon 29-Oct-12 10:33:42

As a childminder I cannot see this as good sleep practice for a child. Into a cot they must go.

issimma Mon 29-Oct-12 10:35:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

freddiefrog Mon 29-Oct-12 10:37:40

Well, yes, mine generally went in their cots, but every now and then they'd zonk out and drop where they stood

Kalisi Mon 29-Oct-12 10:42:13

Sometimes I wish he would just crash out just so I can witness it. As it is, the boy decides he needs to sing for ten minutes before he finally gives in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now