Talk

Advanced search

to take away probe to bed?

(9 Posts)
ChaosTrulyReigns Mon 29-Oct-12 10:07:47

DH and I are titally different temperatures.

He will not amdit this.

I threw a hissy fit this morning as I reckon I could have boiled an egg on the hot handprint he left on my arss waist.

He still will not believe me and thinks that being deluberatley hyperbolic.

I need evidence.

Shall I take the digital meat thermometer to bed to prove that IAmRightAndHeIsWrongAsUsial?

[incompatible]

ChaosTrulyReigns Mon 29-Oct-12 10:09:27

I have no idea how I cooked up that gobbkedygook title.

Probably through my fumescence.

HauntedLittleLunatic Mon 29-Oct-12 10:13:25

Basically physics states that for something to feel warm to touch it must be hotter than you.

For something to feel cool to touch it must be cooler than you.

No proof needed unless you want to record the actual temp.

corlan Mon 29-Oct-12 10:18:23

Are you planning to stick it up his arse?

OHforDUCKScake Mon 29-Oct-12 10:30:14

We have this problem. Dp is like a radiator, so's my eldest actually.

In 13 years Ive never fallen asleep with his arm/leg/whatever touching me because he is so flipping hot!

Mandy2003 Mon 29-Oct-12 10:33:03

Don't think a meat thermometer would be ideal unless you're thinking like corlan confused

FlobbadobbaBOO Mon 29-Oct-12 10:56:11

DH is exactly the same, I on the other hand am not allowed to put my feet anywhere near him in bed because they are freezing cold apparently as are my hands.
YANBU. But really, where are you planning to stick it?? grin

DPotter Mon 29-Oct-12 20:32:05

After years of being too cold - my DP likes a really thin duvet and the window open even in the winter and then prefers the non-window side of the bed (but that's another story) we invested in separate single duvets; his is the equivalent of a sheet. I have a tog 7 and a tog 10. I have been known to use both. I sleep sooo much better when I'm warm. I warmly (sorry) recommend single duvets

Mandy2003 Tue 30-Oct-12 09:43:17

I house sat for an AngloDanish couple when duvets were first becoming widely available and popular in the UK. They had two singles on a kingsize bed and when I commented on this they told me that double/kingsize duvets were unheard of in Scandinavia!

I think guests thought it funny that I'd put singles on my wedding list, but for many years I found that was absolutely the way to go. It was only due to "man pressure" that I ever tried a double, and never liked it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now