Talk

Advanced search

to be worried about this? Head/thoughts going so fast! Panic attack?

(4 Posts)
newmummytobe79 Mon 29-Oct-12 09:50:50

OK - it's not really an AIBU but I know this is the topic with most traffic.

Does anyone ever experience a 'fast' feeling. Example being, I can be doing household chores at a normal speed but it feels like everything is going in a fast-forward motion confused

I've been feeling a little anxious the last few days and wonder if it's some kind of panic attack?

My heart speeds up and I feel a bit woozy.

It's weird and doesn't last that long - I tell myself it'll be over shortly.

I sometimes get this in the shower too - like I'm washing my hair at 100 miles an hour!

Should I be worried about this or is it just the body dealing with a bit of stress?

SugariceAndScary Mon 29-Oct-12 09:55:30

I think panic attacks are different for everyone.

When I suffered badly with them it felt like a current of electricity was running through my body, really buzzing and I would shake terribly, just awful especially as my heart was absolutely hammering as well. I went to A+E for the first one as I was sure I was going to die, horrific feeling.

Just sit down and slowly breath them out, have you been to see your GP?

newmummytobe79 Mon 29-Oct-12 09:58:33

Thanks SugariceAndScary - I haven't been to my GP - I'll see how frequent they are this week.

I remember feeling like this a few years back and it passed, so I'm hoping it will this time

squeakytoy Mon 29-Oct-12 09:59:01

I get that, and I also get it where everything feels like it is going in slow motion.. I suffer with panic attacks and anxiety, have done for many years, and have mostly got it under control now, because you learn to pick up the warning signs that an attack is about to happen and because you KNOW it is only a panic attack, it makes it easier to get through it, if that makes sense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now