Talk

Advanced search

to not mind at all when people play their lives out on FB?

(51 Posts)
Bogeyface Mon 29-Oct-12 09:48:23

I wouldnt do it myself, I barely post anything on there at the best of times so I certainly wouldnt post the details of my latest row with H or whatever!

But I have no issue with those that do, as it makes for very entertaining reading! My cousin was outed as a cheat by his GF a few years back on FB, which I thought he deserved and he took it quite well considering! And my BIL is currently playing out his marriage break up on there with his "STBX" posting long rambling passive aggressive replies to his long rambling passive aggressive messages! Think lots of "It hurts so much when you think that you know someone and then you find out that you dont know them at all....." type stuff. They are both drama llamas and always have been so this latest "breakup" will probably go the same as all the others and they will be all over each other again in a month or so hmm

But in the meantime, I am hooked! I have been on FB more in the last 2 days than in the previous 6 months grin

kinkyfuckery Mon 29-Oct-12 09:50:07

I love it when people get all drama llama on FB, it's like an interactive episode of Jeremy Kyle rubs hands together in glee

CrackerJackShack Mon 29-Oct-12 09:51:56

Absolutely love it. YANBU

Bogeyface Mon 29-Oct-12 09:54:38

It was alot of fun a year or so ago when they had had a row or something, I cant remember the details, and his ex wife joined in too! That really was like JK as the current turned on the ex even though the ex was actually on the currents side!

DameEnidsOrange Mon 29-Oct-12 09:55:12

Me too - I'm nosy and love a bit of drama

Iheartpasties Mon 29-Oct-12 09:55:43

Oh yeah, I would love that!! coz I is nosey.

Iheartpasties Mon 29-Oct-12 09:56:23

an ex sticking her oar in, sounds fab.

Inneedofbrandy Mon 29-Oct-12 09:56:48

Oh YANBU I would be hooked to.

OHforDUCKScake Mon 29-Oct-12 09:58:06

I dont get it enough! Ive only seen three rambling rants ever. And they were deleted in the morning.

Rubbish. My friends are far too private for my liking.

OHforDUCKScake Mon 29-Oct-12 10:01:17

Although I have to admit, I do tell the ins and outs of my babys health. I figure people can just hide me, but most give me great support and advice and want to know about new drugs and referrals. Or at least they seem to be interested <paranoid>

I find talking-shouting-ranting it out very theraputic! When times are really really bad though and ambulances are involved I dont post that.

WRT DP barnies, that Id NEVER speak of on fb!

freddiefrog Mon 29-Oct-12 10:01:38

I've only ever seen drunk rambling posts on FB that get deleted as soon as they've sobered up

My favourite place for a good old slanging match is the local FB selling pages, you can get a real whopper over 50p DVDs on there

Bogeyface Mon 29-Oct-12 10:02:47

I had a major FB clearout when I realised that the vast majority of people on there were people I never actually connected with and were old school "friends" etc.

I hovered over the delete button for him but just couldnt do it! We never get in touch but his constant dramas are just too much fun!

Mrsjay Mon 29-Oct-12 10:04:07

I love a good facebook drama I do tut @ them though and was saddened at a fb friend who was arguing with her teen DD on there and calling her names it was grim sad
but all in all if folk want it all out for everybody to see then who am I to stop them grin

honeytea Mon 29-Oct-12 10:05:29

Yanbu I love it! It's free entertainment.

Mrsjay Mon 29-Oct-12 10:06:09

IT IS like JK without the smugness of his face grin

MsVestibule Mon 29-Oct-12 10:06:16

Why, oh why, are my family and FB friends so normal? I haven't once seen a barney on FB <disappointed emoticon>. I bloody love a good fight, me.

SpanglyGiraffe Mon 29-Oct-12 10:08:00

YANBU, I love it too grin

Admittedly I do post quite a lot on there, but I draw the line at sharing all my life details & slanging matches.

Meglet Mon 29-Oct-12 10:09:10

yanbu.

I love listening to mobile phone conversations too. <<nosy>>

LRDtheFeministDragon Mon 29-Oct-12 10:10:47

No, doesn't bother me either. Or the 'so-and-so is eating pizza for dinner, yum ... baby so-and-so smiled his first smile ...' stuff. I like it, especially when I've not seen the person for ages.

What I did draw the line at the other day was someone I know who, having discovered her old teenage diaries in the loft, decided to run several days' worth of posts with selected 'hilarious' extracts plus commentary for those of us who hadn't known her back then.

Can you imagine how dull?!

Twits being racist/sexist/wankerish annoy me too.

Mrsjay Mon 29-Oct-12 10:11:02

we are all facebook curtain twitchers grin I only have 2 or 3 friends who are dramatic and I only know them from other forums so have never met them, but god they love a good drama and cryptic facebook status ,

NamesKerry Mon 29-Oct-12 10:11:29

I love it too but don't see them often. I usually get the boring "i'm baking cakes with the cherubs" "i'm having the best time ever in the club with all my mates" (I don't buy that one. Why are you on Facebook then?) Or "at the airport, about to jet off on holiday" (sod off then!)

I have lots of attention seekers but not enough drama llamas!

TheHamish Mon 29-Oct-12 10:28:56

I have several - very good value for money. One especially whose husband did something really bad and she stood by him which completely got my back up but I couldn't delete as would miss the next installment of angry updates against the people who "judge" her. "Ha! That's you deleted! Don't need people like you in my life!" Erm, love, you've deleted them so they won't actually be able to read that.

Passive aggressive status updates - once I've established they're not aimed at me I love them!

My favourite at the moment though is a friend who is having a right RL moan because her ex's sister (sister still her FB friend though ex is not) posts loads of photos of said ex in her news feed. Ex is a twat but I suspect deep down she wants him back. She keeps saying she's had to "hide" updates from ex's sister. Ex's sister's profile is public though so I've had a nose, and far from hiding the photos my friend has "liked" every single photo of her ex. Wtf???

Mrsjay Mon 29-Oct-12 10:32:20

I had 1 who has deleted herfacebook as she was fed up of being judged by everybody and they should mind their own... well she should not have put her life up and then people wouldn't judge,

PumpkInDublic Mon 29-Oct-12 10:33:09

YANBU.

Although I deleted one friend (who then never spoke to me again) as I couldn't look her in the eye after her posts. Break ups with husband, details of trying to lose weight as she couldn't have IVF at her current weight and it was breaking her heart, followed by update of takeaway tea for the fourth time that week with fags and wine (^oh aren't I naughty^), how unfair it was that they wouldn't give her IVF, more fags and wine.

akaemmafrost Mon 29-Oct-12 10:35:08

grin me too! I'm a right nosy cow. But then I love FB full stop. I like knowing the boring ins and ours of other people's lives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now