Talk

Advanced search

to really hate the latest DFS advert?

(11 Posts)
Bogeyface Sun 28-Oct-12 21:53:30

Do we really need to hear "Sleigh Ride" in October?

Dear Mr DFS
I believe you when you say that if I order my sofa now then I will have it in time for Xmas, I dont need the message ramming home with Xmas music in fecking Autumn, thank you!

MikeLitorisBites Sun 28-Oct-12 21:59:03

Yanbu.

As soon as dd saw bloody Arthur she wanted the stupid film on. We have watched it twice this weekend.

GhostShip Sun 28-Oct-12 22:00:56

Yes!!! I was fuming the other day, ruins it for me!

Darkesteyes Sun 28-Oct-12 22:16:08

Yep i agree. When this ad was shown during Corrie i thought DH was going to put his foot through the screen (he hates xmas anyway) but i dont want to see fecking elves in October either. Why the fuck didnt they film tinsel draped over pumpkins and elves eating pumpkin pie and be done with it.

MrsKeithRichards Sun 28-Oct-12 22:24:31

Oh when did it come out on DVD? Seen it last Christmas at the cinema and loved it!

Sparklingbroomstick Sun 28-Oct-12 22:25:41

I heard it today. It is wrong! But not as wrong as the SCS one with the sofa that has an I pod dock in it. confused

Bogeyface Sun 28-Oct-12 23:10:45

I am showing my age because when I first saw that SCS iSofa wink I said "All it would take is one child messing about and you have a wrecked iPod and a ruined sofa! Some people must have more money than sense!" i sounded like my mother grin

Sparklingbroomstick Sun 28-Oct-12 23:15:30

grin Bogey. Why would you have an Ipod dock in the sofa though? With speakers and everything.

cardibach Sun 28-Oct-12 23:15:56

I have a sofa with an iPod dock blush
DD is 16, though. It makes a lovely wound and if it breaks it is still a sofa! DFS sell one too.

Sparklingbroomstick Sun 28-Oct-12 23:18:08

Do you cardi? I can't imagine it working in this house. 2 DSs with ipods and 'Gangnam Style' blasting out while you are trying to read Take a break on the sofa. angry

Was it v expensive?

TheCraicDealer Sun 28-Oct-12 23:49:56

They have one of those in House of Fraser, it's white leather and a bit Footballers' Wives. I bet you'd be ragin' if you'd got the new iPhone 5 and them brought it home only to realise you could no longer play your tunes through the furniture because of the new docking bit.

There's a radio ad as well- every fucking morning, as if commuting isn't bad enough....angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now