Talk

Advanced search

To evict belongings from swimming pool cubicles?

(20 Posts)
OHforDUCKScake Sun 28-Oct-12 18:00:35

Two recent threads have reminded me of this.
Ever friday after school I take my 5 year old swimming. Its hectic, theres groups at 4pm and the next group at 4.30, so the 4.30 cross over between the two can be hectic.

When I go through to the pool to collect my son and take him to the changing rooms they are often full (Ds1 needs a shower, ds2 is just walking so we are generally slow gettinh anywhere) but I notice cubicles being 'saved' by a towel and possibly a carrier bag of stuff being put down.

If I see one when theres no free cubicles, I'll wait by it for a minute or 2 in case they're at the locker and if not evacuate the stuff and use it.

Always the person comes back dripping wet with their shampoo in because they were 'saving' that cubicle usually the big family cubicle

This really pisses me off, does anyone else save them? Should I be saving them, is this what Im doing wrong?

queenofthepirates Sun 28-Oct-12 18:05:33

Why not ask staff what the etiquette is? They should be able to give you an idea.

RedZombie Sun 28-Oct-12 18:08:16

There's a woman who does this where my sons have their lessons. She'd get her dd changed then put her stuff in the cubicle for the whole duration of the lesson. And it's the only one with a toilet. Pisses me right off

I don't get them showered when they're there though. Why hang around longer than you have to.

treas Sun 28-Oct-12 18:09:42

Get the staff to do it, then you won't be accused of theft.

lunar1 Sun 28-Oct-12 18:13:02

I used to find this annoying, now I just move their stuff. There are enough signs asking them not to do this.

SamsGoldilocks Sun 28-Oct-12 18:15:30

drives me nuts - it's not as though there is a shortage of lockers to put your things in, safely while swimming/showering/whatever.

i have left feedback with the swimming pool about this.

merlottits Sun 28-Oct-12 18:17:07

I move stuff and don't feel guilty.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 28-Oct-12 18:18:38

YANBU, it's just a the same as saving a table in McDonald's which is just wrong.

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sun 28-Oct-12 18:18:42

YANBU. 'Saving' cubicles is unnecessary and selfish.

BupcakesAndHaunting Sun 28-Oct-12 18:18:46

Get a life.

OHforDUCKScake Sun 28-Oct-12 18:22:28

I'll get a life when you fuck right off. grin

BupcakesAndHaunting Sun 28-Oct-12 18:22:58

Pffffft.

OHforDUCKScake Sun 28-Oct-12 18:24:08

<sucks teeth>

expatinscotland Sun 28-Oct-12 18:26:54

YANBU

BupcakesAndHaunting Sun 28-Oct-12 18:27:33

<necksnakes out of thread>

GreenShadow Sun 28-Oct-12 18:29:18

YANBU

I used to print little slips of paper to put in cubicles with clothes left unattended. Was always the same people week after week and was usually just kids without parents.

OHforDUCKScake Sun 28-Oct-12 18:30:22

<does the wanker sign behind bups head>

OHforDUCKScake Sun 28-Oct-12 18:31:17

What did the paper say Green??

GreenShadow Sun 28-Oct-12 18:49:54

Oh just something polite but to the point OHforDUCKScak - something like

'Please don't leave your clothes in the cubicle as is means others can't use it'

Was aimed at young children who genuinely hadn't thought.

5madthings Sun 28-Oct-12 18:54:42

yanbu i would always just move stuff once i had made sure they werent in the near vacinity. i can sort of understand saving a cubicle whilst you shower, but its not ok. more annoying is the ones that leave their stuff in the cubicle whilst they go and swim!! ffs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now