Talk

Advanced search

To wonder how I got lumped with the tired naked children?

(11 Posts)
Softlysoftly Sun 28-Oct-12 16:35:05

So I remember today starting with me taking DDs to see my friend for tea and cake at her house.

I now appear to be at my mums with 3 overtired whingy children playing tag in a bath and a 5 month old hmm how did this happen?!

Ok I know how it happened my sister is a master genius that's how it bloody happened angry

BonVoyageCharlieBrown Sun 28-Oct-12 16:41:03

Eh? Can you elaborate a bit? confused

BeingBooyhoo Sun 28-Oct-12 16:49:08

just say no?

Softlysoftly Sun 28-Oct-12 17:10:31

Sorry random rant <<grumble grinch>>

This morning planned to meet friend, sister then called and said could we meet her instead. We live hours away but are visiting mum and DD would love to play with her cousins while we are here so rearranged friend.

Dsis turned up (ages later) with her DH and said they actually wanted to take kids swimming (mums pool) though they know I can't take DD2 (baby) in as she's got the squirts nice, so although I miss out I can watch baby while they take DD1 in so she doesnt miss out, again fine.

Then she asked if I could take my DD1 with her DD and put them in the bath while she lets her DS have a longer swim. Ok not easy with whiny baby but understandable.

Then as I'm running bath (shepherding a 5&3 yr old away from whiny baby) DN runs upstairs naked and leaps in the bath hmm. I ask where mum is, she's having a relaxing swim, then a shower....

So much as I love her and understand she's knackered (teacher) I seem to have gone from relaxing day out to childminder.

AIBU to think this was an evil genius plan? (Im not really mad at her)

Ladymuck Sun 28-Oct-12 17:14:12

You're looking after 4 children and have time to type this confused?

mrspumpkinpatch Sun 28-Oct-12 17:20:04

Is this a stealth boast at having thine own swimming pool?

Softlysoftly Sun 28-Oct-12 17:26:31

It really isn't pumpkin we aren't flush, but parentals are retired and worked for it.

BeingBooyhoo Sun 28-Oct-12 17:33:38

hmm i see your point. something similar happened at a family wedding recently. 3 siblings in the same family, all have dcs under 5, all went to the swimming pool in hotel. 2 of the parents decided to get into the jacuzzi leaving one parent with her own baby, and their 3 children without even asking. she called them back and said she wasn't here to babysit and was getting out.

Softlysoftly Sun 28-Oct-12 17:57:01

Exactly Booyhoo

Ladymuck I was sitting on the floor nursing DD2 while the other 3 played drowned each other in the bath.

They are now washed dressed and having tea.

maras2 Sun 28-Oct-12 20:17:50

Chrikey,Softly.What was in that cake? smile

maras2 Sun 28-Oct-12 20:18:57

Crikey,sorry,fat fingers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now