Talk

Advanced search

to think no one huffs and puffs

(11 Posts)
Naghoul Sun 28-Oct-12 15:16:36

when they are not pissed off.

If a person is walking around huffing and they are not asthmatic or overweight or anything like that then is it fair to assume they've got a shit on?

TheBigJessie Sun 28-Oct-12 15:24:34

I want you to know that I had a horrible image of someone huffing and puffinf in a toilet, in order to use said facility.

Maybe they're practising Breathing, à la yoga classes, or those Breath Your Baby Out videos?

Naghoul Sun 28-Oct-12 15:25:54

I did actually typo 'a shit in' to start with.... grin

ChippingInLovesAutumn Sun 28-Oct-12 15:26:58

Well, maybe it's just a 'Sunday Huff 'n Puff'? ....lots that needs doing, can't be arsed, work tomorrow, practically dark already, fed up... huff 'n puff'

PickledFanjoCat Sun 28-Oct-12 15:27:28

I think that's fair. Who is huffing?

Naghoul Sun 28-Oct-12 15:30:22

pickled : A party that claims not to have a shit on.

Is the Sunday huff'n'puff a recognised thing? I don't work mondays, so maybe that's why I don't do it smile

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Sun 28-Oct-12 15:34:38

Apparently I do. So my mum says. I don't know I'm doing it but evidently it sounds aggressive. I'm not terribly overweight either. grin

PickledFanjoCat Sun 28-Oct-12 15:36:06

It's a wounded noise in my opinion. A I'm
Pissed off and you should know why huff huff noise?

Put some jolly music on and dance about!!

ChippingInLovesAutumn Sun 28-Oct-12 15:54:51

I'm in a bit of a 'Huff 'n Puff' mood myself. It's cold, everything is taking longer/being harder work than it should be. The hoover is staring at me in a pointed way, the washing machines just beeped to say it's done and I've run out of room to hang another load (I don't have, don't like and don't want a tumble dryer), it's cold... did I mention that already? It's almost dark and not even bloody 4 o'clock. I have to go to work tomorrow, it's going to be a long day & I don't want to go.... My head feels a bit heavy, I'm tired. A 'friend in need' might be coming to stay, which I don't mind one bit, but I need to go and make up the spare room so it's ready if she does (I'm happy to have her stay, but having just had one guest her for 3 months have only just got the house back to myself... so yeah - there's some 'Huffing & Puffing' g

ChippingInLovesAutumn Sun 28-Oct-12 15:56:48

Oh - sorry - laptop playing up (to add to my list of whinges), it's posted that half written post! LOL

But you get the gist... grin

GhostShip Sun 28-Oct-12 17:27:56

I do it a lot, because for some reason I hold my breath without realising it, then a minute or so later I have to release the air.

I do it in my sleep too. DP wakes me up because he's scared I'll die. Bless

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now