Talk

Advanced search

To think DJ's need to think about the music they play...

(4 Posts)
madamehooch Sun 28-Oct-12 14:04:08

My name is Madamehooch and I listen to Steve Wright's Sunday lovesongs on Radio 2. I mention this because any support from fellow sufferers would be much appreciated.

I don't listen every week - just when I'm feeling a bit low and need tipping over the edge, approximately twice in the last two months.

I don't know if I just tune in on days when he's feeling bitter and twisted but I've started to query whether Steve Wright is the best person to play luurve songs for newly weds to be.

Steve, why would you play 'On My Own' by Michael McDonald and Patti Labelle for a bridegroom who had the romantic bravery to write in asking for a song to show his wife to be how much he loved her?

Why would you play 'I will always love you' for twilight couples who have at last found their true love? Do you not realise the rest of the song is about saying goodbye and being not what you need?

What has happened in your life Steve to make you take it out on these hopeless romantics? AIBU to write in with a helpful telephone number or should you just realise that part of your highly paid job is to play appropriate records at the 'wright' time?

Whooooosualsuspect Sun 28-Oct-12 14:07:18

I think you are overthinking TBH.

PseudoBadger Sun 28-Oct-12 14:10:05

It's a new style of DJing - passive aggressive DJing grin

Whooooosualsuspect Sun 28-Oct-12 14:11:00

I might tune in, sounds quite funny grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now