Talk

Advanced search

to think my lawn should not still need mowing

(10 Posts)
ditavonteesed Sun 28-Oct-12 09:03:56

its ridiculous, seriously stop growing evil grass.

Nigglenaggle Sun 28-Oct-12 12:43:17

It won't stop until we get under 6c. As my heating is broken, YABU until it is fixed!

Whooooosualsuspect Sun 28-Oct-12 12:46:20

My lawn can stay long now until next spring,unless we have a freak heatwave.

oldraver Sun 28-Oct-12 12:53:17

I havn't mown my grass for a while as the mower broke. It wont get done now until we buy a new one next year

<awaits another telling off>

TheCunningStunt Sun 28-Oct-12 12:54:34

Nooooo. It's Grass and it needs cutting!

SoleSource Sun 28-Oct-12 12:54:50

Go outside and give tbe lawn agood telling off. Stamp on the bastard. Grab a tree branch and whip it to fuckries.

girlywhirly Mon 29-Oct-12 09:03:23

Yes, until the temp stays around 5c it will still grow, although now it is slowing down. The problem I have at present is that it is too wet to mow.

The last cut it has shouldn't be very short though, to protect the roots. A medium setting on the mower is about right.

freddiefrog Mon 29-Oct-12 09:18:29

I cut mine yesterday.

I was a beautiful (if chilly) day so I whizzed over with the mower as it was embarrassingly long. Hopefully that's it now

MrsTomHardy Mon 29-Oct-12 09:36:43

My lawn is far to wet to mow.......so i think its going to have to wait until next year sad

bedmonster Mon 29-Oct-12 09:44:36

MrsTomHardy, my DP mows the lawn when it's sopping wet, and even WHEN RAINING! I'm sure it's not the correct way but if we waited for it to be properly dry we'd never have been able to cut it this year!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now