Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to need some personal space

(10 Posts)
toysoldiers Sun 28-Oct-12 08:41:38

I have 2 DS who I adore, obviously. They are 6&3, full of energy and all in all fabulous.

But I'm struggling with contact overload. Everytime I sit down one or both want to sit on my lap. They sneak into our bed at night and the 3 year old permanently wants me to cuddle him etc.

I was due to have a lie in this morning. The first half an hour was spent with both of them fighting over who gets to cuddle me and, even when DH took them downstairs, they kept creeping back up.

I've got nothing left! I hurt DH feelings last night when he tried to get frisky and just had to tell him that I couldn't cope with anymore physical demands being made on me.

I am an affectionate person and always have been. I would never turn my children away but how do I create a situation where I get at least some personal space.

Gumby Sun 28-Oct-12 08:44:02

Why didn't he put a DVD on for them?
I'd go out shopping & leave him with them for a morning . Sit in a coffee shop with the papers

toysoldiers Sun 28-Oct-12 08:47:30

He did his best! They were having none of it. He's taken them out now and I'm going for a run.

Sokmonsta Sun 28-Oct-12 08:56:46

All of a sudden 3 out of our 4 have gone from being daddy's children to clinging to me. It's blooming hard work and then dh come home and wants intimacy too. Gets peed when I bat him away. Poor guy must be feeling quite rejected. Anyway, we've a stairgate at the top of the stairs. Helps stop visitors on the rare occasion I get a lie in. More often than not I just lock myself in the loo for 5 minutes peace!

DieDeutschLehrerin Sun 28-Oct-12 08:58:59

Great long bath? Then you can lock the door. Or maybe organise that he takes them swimming or somewhere else and then for a hot chic every Saturday/Sunday morning, then you could go back to bed for an hour or so?

toysoldiers Sun 28-Oct-12 08:59:31

The bathrooms have no locks and they can open the stairgate.

I'm doomed.

DieDeutschLehrerin Sun 28-Oct-12 09:00:20

Hot choc - stupid IPod - still, could've been worse grin

DieDeutschLehrerin Sun 28-Oct-12 09:02:35

Put a slide bolt on one of them, up high out of their reach. They cost about £1, take about 5 mins to fit and you can bathe in peace but the boys will still be unable to lock themselves in!

coronalover Sun 28-Oct-12 09:15:43

How frustrating for you

Could they be encouraged to spend some time doing something for you (baking a cake or doing some drawings) while you have a lie in? That way they are showing they love you without smothering you!

Jbck Sun 28-Oct-12 11:14:16

I exactly the same 2 DDs who cuddle the life out of me all day and a lot of the night. I have locked myself in the loo, sat in our local retail park carpark mumsnetting, stayed longer at work even to get 'away' from them. I love them dearly but its my body and sometimes it needs me time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now