Talk

Advanced search

To want to wrap poor Malcolm Tucker in a big blanket and protect him from the world <spoiler alert>

(60 Posts)
minouminou Sun 28-Oct-12 08:06:07

I don't usually get involved with TV, but The Thick of It has always gripped me.

It was heart-rending to see MT broken and defeated last night, pouring his ashen heart out to Snakey Ollie. When he was talking about having no real friends, no children (gulp) and no memoirs, you got a small glimpse of a normal man who has given up everything for a thankless job that has turned him into nothing but, as he said, a host.

Made me want to collect him out of the cab at the end and take him home for some food.

I know when Ollie dropped him and carried on going he was only doing what MT would have done, but I hope he does end up pissing himself on his BIL's sofa.

cakebot Sun 28-Oct-12 08:10:56

No! (Unless I am too!) I felt desperately sorry for him. That speech was brilliant. I even wondered if my icy heart would now melt for the real life snakes he's based on, but it didn't- just for him! Poor man!

LaLaGabby Sun 28-Oct-12 08:16:16

Thanks for the spoiler warning!

minouminou Sun 28-Oct-12 08:17:02

Yeah...I always thought he'd have a missus and a kid or two tucked away behind his hedge, waiting patiently for him to give it all up.

Hang on, though.....he's not real....he's not real.....

PseudoBadger Sun 28-Oct-12 08:23:33

Yes thanks for giving that away....

BadgersBottom Sun 28-Oct-12 08:26:18

I think I fell completely in love with MT last night! And wished the fleas of a thousand camels upon Ollie's gonads!

I am so sad it's ended sad

DrinkFecksArseyGhosts Sun 28-Oct-12 08:30:24

Yes, you could've let people know in the title that tgere was going to be a spoiler envy.

Marzipanface Sun 28-Oct-12 08:31:26

Ollie hasn't got the balls.

I had a FILTHY dream about MT a few weeks back.

SueDoku Sun 28-Oct-12 08:33:07

I've recorded that to watch - is it worth it now...???

DinosaurSchool Sun 28-Oct-12 08:35:21

Ah yes it was a good one. Nothing could beat the end of the last series though when Malcolm was ranting away while behind him the tv was reporting his 'resignation'. Awesome television.

Ollie was a hideous rat. I think Nicola Murray is a brilliant character too. Her self-loathing and crushing disappointment were so well portrayed.

minouminou Sun 28-Oct-12 08:36:00

Yes yes yes it's mega worth it.
I thought it'd be obvs there'd be a spoiler. I'll see if I can get the title amended.....how do I do that?

BadgersBottom Sun 28-Oct-12 08:36:26

It's definitely worth watching it Sue - Malcolm's 'mooncup' insult is world class and one I intend to use over and over when appropriate!

Marzipan - how can I hhave that dream?? grin

Notquite Sun 28-Oct-12 08:36:58

I don't think anything has been revealed here that wasn't obvious after the inquiry episode tbh.

DinosaurSchool Sun 28-Oct-12 08:37:16

Also, I would have thought if you hadn't watched last nights episode then you wouldn't open the thread.

confused

OddBoots Sun 28-Oct-12 08:37:38

I'm not worried about a spoiler (or I wouldn't have opened the thread) but dh was away yesterday so we will watch TTOI tonight, what I did watch last night was the film of The Suspicions of Mr Whicher on ITV3 which had Peter Capaldi as Samuel Kent, he was very good in that too.

minouminou Sun 28-Oct-12 08:38:09

That's what I assumed, but....ya know......

Midgetm Sun 28-Oct-12 08:39:50

I think the clue to a spoiler was in the title hmm. YANBU he melted this cold heart too. gutted it's over.

MissAnnersley Sun 28-Oct-12 08:43:19

I agree - a thread with Malcolm Tucker in the title, the day after the last episode is very obviously going to contain spoilers.

OP YANBU - he seemed so forlorn.

The insults last night were fantastic. Glenn was particularly brilliant.

minouminou Sun 28-Oct-12 08:45:21

Yeah....Glenn!

BadgersBottom Sun 28-Oct-12 08:49:22

I loved Glenn - he was brilliant! It was one of the best end of/tidying up episodes of anything, ever.

MrsDeVere Sun 28-Oct-12 08:55:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

minouminou Sun 28-Oct-12 08:56:10

And his parting shot to Peter Mannion.....

MissAnnersley Sun 28-Oct-12 08:56:20

I admit I did think of MN when I heard the mooncup insult!

TheFoosa Sun 28-Oct-12 08:57:09

I have had a huge crush on MT since the beginning

WereTricksPotter Sun 28-Oct-12 08:58:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now