Talk

Advanced search

to be a bit "hmmm" about the unexpected "free gift" in my eBay trouser pocket?!

(19 Posts)
spg1983 Sat 27-Oct-12 19:16:58

Ok, so I bought a bundle of maternity clothes from eBay, 1 top, 1 pair of trousers and 1 pair of jeans. They arrived and seemed really nice and I quickly tried them all on to see if they fitted before I either washed them and put them into my wardrobe or re-sold them (if they didn't fit).

Anyway, they all fitted and I was fascinated by how clever the stretchy bit in the jeans was, noticing that it went all the way down into the pocket, I followed it with my hand until my hand was totally in my pocket. Then I felt something scratch me. It was a nail (and not the kind you use for DIY). I checked my nails to see if one of mine had broken on the way in and they were all still fully intact.

AIBU to be a bit "eurgh" about this and not know what to do now? The jeans are lovely and I'm sure they'll be ok after a good wash...won't they? I don't want to leave negative feedback as it seems a bit petty but am I just being too soft? Or should I get on with it and just ignore it?

Ewww!!!

RyleDup Sat 27-Oct-12 19:19:12

Its a bit gross but i guess she put it there and forgot about it. Give them a good wash, it'll be fine.

Kalisi Sat 27-Oct-12 19:19:54

Yanbu to be a bit Ewwww! But YWBU to do anything about it whatsoever. Although i'd be tempted to write a jokey feedback about my free gift grin

Petsinmyputridpudenda Sat 27-Oct-12 19:20:16

Its a nail. Could be worse, used condom for instance

BadgersBottom Sat 27-Oct-12 19:20:19

grin Do pull yourself together! It's a nail. She probably had no idea it was there - have you never noticed a broken nail and wondered "When did that happen?" If you machine wash them of course they'll be fine - what on earth do you think will be lurking?

spg1983 Sat 27-Oct-12 19:26:11

Doh, you'll have to forgive my crazy pregnant brain for lurching between "they'll be fine after a wash" and "yuk yuk yuk!"

Badger I do kind of agree in that sometimes nails break without knowing, which is why I checked mine first in order to avoid jumping to the wrong conclusion. And obviously she didn't know it was there or she wouldn't have left it there. But if I've sold something on eBay then I always thoroughly check it over before even listing it...including the pockets!!

Oh well, it gave me a bit of a laugh on an otherwise quiet Sat night in!

OHforDUCKScake Sat 27-Oct-12 19:28:29

Meh its a nail. I was expecting a used condom or tampon and neither would have made any sense in maternity jeans but there you go

spg1983 Sat 27-Oct-12 19:32:18

Thanks all, I think I'll go with the "fine after a wash" option. Knew I'd get a sensible answer on here!

smile

shewhowines Sat 27-Oct-12 19:42:39

It's probably been through the wash a few times already. That sort of thing could lurk for months and countless washes without anyone noticing.

Flisspaps Sat 27-Oct-12 19:43:01

Perhaps it broke off when she was checking the pockets?

Campari Sat 27-Oct-12 19:45:06

You think thats bad...I once got a jacket off eBay with a free gift of sweat-rot in the armpits. The yellow tinge really complemented my gold earrings a treat.

Sparklingbroomstick Sat 27-Oct-12 19:46:27

I am just glad that it was only a nail. grin

MrsHavisham Sat 27-Oct-12 20:58:01

Unlikely to be a condom or tampon in MATERNITY jeans smile

notsofrownieface Sat 27-Oct-12 21:03:05

Behave, have you never had a nail fall off when you are routing through your pockets. Bin the nail wash the jeans then wear them. hmm YABU.

fuzzpig Sat 27-Oct-12 21:05:35

One of the other libraries in my county had a book returned last year... with a used condom in it.

I wouldn't be too bothered about a nail in comparison grin

spg1983 Sat 27-Oct-12 21:13:37

notsofrownie I already have, read the replies to the original post! They are in the tumble dryer as we speak and the nail has been safely laid to rest in my kitchen bin. Was happy to concede I was being a bit picky about it and it's all dealt with now.

And no, I don't normally have nails fall off when putting them into pockets...they have always been really really strong - guess that's why I was so surprised to find the nail in the pocket as I've never experienced that kind of thing smile

oldraver Sat 27-Oct-12 21:13:50

OH recently bought some jeans from a charity shop and I went to wash them they had a hankie in the pocket...bleugh

spg1983 Sat 27-Oct-12 21:15:26

Eurgh...reading some of the posts on here I think I've got off quite lightly in comparison!

Fairylea Sat 27-Oct-12 21:16:54

(Disappointed it wasn't a used condom... ).

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now