Talk

Advanced search

to be glad social workers are getting bashed this werk.

(37 Posts)
StillIRiselikeAZombie Sat 27-Oct-12 18:59:49

at least its not midwives or nurses turns.

What should it be next week? I think librarians.

Bastard librarians. All those book rules and shushing.

GhostofMammaTJ Sat 27-Oct-12 19:08:26

I know, and they will only read to the children, not adults!! What is that all about? Bastard librarians.

purplequiche Sat 27-Oct-12 19:09:17

<shakes fist at librarians>

ScaryBeardyDeadyman Sat 27-Oct-12 19:10:10

I hate the way they always look at you over their glasses, like they're better than you because they don't own a kindle.

crazynanna Sat 27-Oct-12 19:10:57

so powerful with their stampy thing. All that authority. Twats.

PseudoBadger Sat 27-Oct-12 19:11:46

And the fines! So small, they're the paper cut of fines.

cory Sat 27-Oct-12 19:12:05

Can we do dentists the week after?

Yama Sat 27-Oct-12 19:12:15

I got told off in the library the other week for shushing my own children. shock

bringbacksideburns Sat 27-Oct-12 19:12:47

I don't wear glasses. shock

But i'm going to put my hair in a bun and wear a tweed suit and pretend it's 1958 because i want to be stern.

Catsnotrats Sat 27-Oct-12 19:13:49

One was once a bit shirty with me because I hadn't filled in a particular form when I joined, therefore they are all a bunch of miserable jobs worth witches.

GhostofMammaTJ Sat 27-Oct-12 19:14:58

the way they let some middle aged bloke obviously a paedo use the only computer free in the childrens area instead of making him use one of the many free ones in the adult area. If I go to use the computer with my DC this is most inconvenient. BASTARDS!!

StillIRiselikeAZombie Sat 27-Oct-12 19:15:01

Agism. Thats what it is. I'd love someone reading to me.

A nice lie down on a beanbag with a blanky and someone reading something nice and soothing.

I might suggest it.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 27-Oct-12 19:19:48

Our library has sacked the librarians and replaced them with a machine. No staff at all. I miss the librarians.

RustyScare Sat 27-Oct-12 19:21:16

Not a lot of point bashing librarians - there aren't many left....

StillIRiselikeAZombie Sat 27-Oct-12 19:21:58

Bastard robot librarians.

sad same here viva.

Petsinmyputridpudenda Sat 27-Oct-12 19:22:40

But Viva who guards the books and tells people to sshh?

VivaLeBeaver Sat 27-Oct-12 19:24:42

Nobody. It's only been librarian less a week, be interesting to see how many books are left by Christmas.

PseudoBadger Sat 27-Oct-12 19:32:29

No staff at all? Doesn't sound very safe for the customers shock

crashdoll Sat 27-Oct-12 19:45:41

What makes me laugh is that some people assume all social workers do is steal babies. Child protection aka baby stealing is only one small department.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 27-Oct-12 19:47:50

Well, it's inside a bar. But in a separate room from the bar. You have to walk through the bar to get to the library. The toilets for the bar are in the library room.

The bar staff can't see into the library from the bar and certainly aren't there to deal with book queries.

I'm a bit unhappy about the location of the library. I didn't think that kids are allowed into a bar unaccompanied but apparently that's ok according to the council as they're only passing through. hmm. I'm also concerned about the drunken idiots snorting cocaine in the toilets of the library but there you go.

PumpkInDublic Sat 27-Oct-12 20:12:29

Jeez a Library in a bar Viva. Pray tell, where does this heaven exist? Wow, a bottle of red, peace and quiet and some good books. I am feeling wistful at the idea.

Agreed it's not so good for the kids though. grin

BeyondLimitsOfTheLivingDead Sat 27-Oct-12 20:18:49

Sounds great for the kids, they can go and read while mummy drinks her wine and daddy is on the gambling machines grin

MrsHavisham Sat 27-Oct-12 20:50:57

YABU. We librarians get a rough time in the press. When a book goes missing, we're the first to get blamed, but if we take preventative measures to protect the books, we get crucified in the Daily Mail. We just can't win.

kim147 Sat 27-Oct-12 20:53:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 27-Oct-12 20:54:19

Pumpkin, it's not a naice bar. Think working mans club/social club/Phoenix nights. Full of saddos drinking super strength cheap lager from lunchtime onwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now