Talk

Advanced search

to come upstairs to watch a dvd

(9 Posts)
smilingthroughgrittedteeth Sat 27-Oct-12 17:04:47

What the title says really, have spend all day shopping with dsd and got home about 45mins ago, have unpacked the shopping and walked into the lounge to find dp and dsc watching star wars, I would rather eat my own arm than watch it so left them to it and came uostairs to read, am a bit to tired to follow the book so put the tv on and am resting on the bed and watching a dvd.

DP has just come up and made a comment about me segregating the family and why couldn't I have just sat with them all and watched the film.

So is it unreasonable of me to have left them to it?

Sparklingbroomstick Sat 27-Oct-12 17:06:14

Sounds fine to me depending on the DVD. smile

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Sat 27-Oct-12 18:23:21

It was real steel, I thought I'd relax with Hugh Jackman it was the only dvd upstairs grin

oceanblossom Sat 27-Oct-12 18:37:54

Definitely not unreasonable. I do it all the time when i don't want to watch what is on the tv and my DH never has an issue with it.

PurplePidjInAPointyHat Sat 27-Oct-12 18:46:34

Why should you sit through a film you don't like?

And why are you doing the shopping, the unpacking and entertaining his dd - is he too idle to make you a cuppa and put the milk in the fridge? hmm

BackforGood Sat 27-Oct-12 18:50:06

Can't see why this would be a problem.
Why would you have the facilities to watch a DVD in your bedroom if no-one is allowed to watch something without the rest of the family ? confused
DH and I have very different taste in films - there's no way I'd sit through anything he enjoys and there's no way he'd sit through anything I enjoy. Why would we sit and watch something neither one of us enoys confused

Campari Sat 27-Oct-12 18:52:40

Nothing wrong with a bit of quiet time to yourself. Your DH is the one being unreasonable.

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Sat 27-Oct-12 20:02:19

purple it was christmas shopping with my mum, dsd is 14 and asked if she could come, sorry I should have made that clear in my op blush, the reason I was unpacking was because I had presents for DP in several bags so was easier to do it myself instead of trying to sort them so he could help. It was more helpful for him to keep dsc out the way.

He's point is that I had been out all day so he would have liked some family time with us all watching a film.

My point is if that's the case then he should have chose a film we all liked and not one he knows I hate, and that I didn't make a fuss I simply went upstairs and watched something I wanted too.

When I came down he was making tea so he isn't actually an arse but I still can't see what his issue was confused

MadameCreeper Sat 27-Oct-12 21:52:21

Yanbu, I can't see what his issue is. We have tv upstairs for such occasions. It's not often used but neither of us would give it a second thought if the other went up.l

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now