Talk

Advanced search

Having pg friend over when DH has just been ill

(9 Posts)
RevoltingPeasant Sat 27-Oct-12 13:24:11

Need some quick, straight answers, please! smile

DH returned from PiLs' on Thurs night quite ill. He threw up in the street outside the station, couldn't eat dinner, went to bed at 8pm, and slept till Friday afternoon.

He's up and doing today although not 100%. Hasn't been ill again.

We are due to have friends over tomorrow, one of whom is pg. I have warned her but she hasn't replied yet. On the assumption she still wants to come, is it safe?

I've given her the option to back out but should I just make an executive decision to cancel, in case? (She is 12 weeks, if that matters.)

expatinscotland Sat 27-Oct-12 13:25:16

Think I'd cancel, tbh.

VirginiaDare Sat 27-Oct-12 13:25:55

It's up to her. I'd be pretty insulted if you ordered me not to come when I thought it was fine.

EdsRedeemingQualities Sat 27-Oct-12 13:27:09

I'd cancel with all of them - it isn't dangerous for your pg friend, but it won't be pleasant for anyone iyswim...

leave it a week IIWY

BlingLoving Sat 27-Oct-12 13:27:43

You are being v considerate. By tomorrow it's very unlikely dh will still be infectious. I would have had no worries coming over when I was pregnant.

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sat 27-Oct-12 13:28:48

I'd let her make her own decision.

RevoltingPeasant Sat 27-Oct-12 13:45:48

DH reckons he is no longer infectious, but I was considering just saying to everyone that he didn't feel up to it. Just in case.

But yes, should probably not 'nanny' - it's just it took her over a year to get pg, it is her first, if anything happened.......

SlightlySuperior is this some type of oneupmanship????? wink

JugsMcGee Sat 27-Oct-12 13:53:03

Does the 48hr rule apply here? I'd give her the facts and give her the choice.

Dordeydoo Sat 27-Oct-12 15:10:48

48 hours since last sick and all will be ok - so schools etc say

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now