Talk

Advanced search

To leave them?

(14 Posts)
WaitingForMe Fri 26-Oct-12 10:29:50

My stepsons and 7 and 4. I'm looking after them today as I do most Friday's in the holidays. I generally leave them to play until they start to fight them take them to the park. But aside from a low hum of activity, they are quiet.

AIBU to just leave them and imagine they're playing nicely? Or are they shaving one of the cats/redecorating the house with toothpaste/unwrapping all the Christmas presents hidden in the baby's room?

Everlong Fri 26-Oct-12 10:31:32

Hmm.

I'd be tempted to have a peek!

FireOverBabylon Fri 26-Oct-12 10:37:56

About time to offer them a mid-morning drink and snack - spying with pretences wink

BlueberryHill Fri 26-Oct-12 10:39:22

The dangerous time is when they are quiet, be afraid, be very afraid.....

BloodRedAlienReflux Fri 26-Oct-12 10:40:16

You know silence is deadly when it comes to 'playing' kids!! Go have a look you will save yourself all that cleaning later!

N0tinmylife Fri 26-Oct-12 10:41:07

When DS and his cousins go quiet I usually find there is an urgent task I need to do, that involves loitering just outside whatever room they are in. I can usually work out what they are up to fairly easily. You are a brave woman to leave them to it!!

WaitingForMe Fri 26-Oct-12 10:56:28

They were both in DSS2s room; DSS1 building rockets while DSS2 read a book.

They were happy to see me, appreciative of drinks and promptly went back to playing/reading quietly.

Who are these children?

xMumof3x Fri 26-Oct-12 10:58:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Everlong Fri 26-Oct-12 11:00:46

Erm mum my dc are off school. It's called half term wink

Everlong Fri 26-Oct-12 11:02:51

Wow waiting little angels!

One of mine is huffing around ( teenager ) the other is playing spiderman noisily

PumpkInDublic Fri 26-Oct-12 11:07:31

Half term XMunof3, hence the op "I do most Friday's in the holidays"

Waiting, it's a trap. Next time they're quiet they'll be shaving the cat and sticking the hair to their faces to make beards. wink

flyoverthegoldenhill Fri 26-Oct-12 12:51:51

Waiting sounds to me like they've been kidnapped by aliens. Reading a book your lucky. Its freezing outside - too bloody cold to go to the park.

Readyisknitting Fri 26-Oct-12 12:55:46

Do you think they might be coming down with something?

Seriously, lots of praise, here my Dss thinks highly of my praise- more than my dcs!

WaitingForMe Fri 26-Oct-12 13:30:34

It was bloody freezing at the park but they pushed each other on the swings and were beautifully behaved. They then ate all of their lunch without messing about. It has to be aliens!

No wait... they've started fighting grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now