Talk

Advanced search

In thinking that this article MUST be a bad satire

(21 Posts)
QueenofDreams Fri 26-Oct-12 00:36:15

and can't possibly be the writer's real views?

I came across a website just now, and on it are some unbelievable articles, and they read like a badly done parody of Christian views. I grew up in an extreme evangelical Christian family and even my family never said anything QUITE this dumb (while still being totally opposed to homosexuality, abortion, sex before marriage etc)

So there's one article all about the threat that vajazzled whores of satan pose to innocent naive college men who just wanted to study and succeed in life. Then they get seduced by a vajazzled 'whore of satan' 'slut' etc and he has to drop out to look after a baby. It's all a feminist plot apparently. The 'college sluts' can't be held entirely responsible as they are slaves to their weak minded lust which is inherent in the xx gene set (or so this guy says). It goes on but really my mouth was like this shock as I read it because I cannot believe that anyone genuinely has views that extreme.

Then there's another one on '20 ways to tell if your teenage daughter is a lesbian' The signs of being a 'homogay' (I'm sorry, I know it's awful) include: Having Bieber fever, keeping her bedroom door closed, having female friends with short hair, watching Ellen Degeneres, playing golf (apparently only men are allowed to play the king of sports) voting Democrat, keeping her facebook profile private, reading anything but the bible (with hymn books thrown in for relaxation and entertainment) seeming reluctant to go to church, and having sleepovers.

Seriously, I know there are prejudiced people out there, but these articles really read like a bad spoof. They just don't seem like they can possibly be real. Are there REALLY people out there so... so I don't even have a word for it.

crackcrackcrak Fri 26-Oct-12 00:39:02

Link!!!!

mamamibbo Fri 26-Oct-12 00:39:48

i dont have beiber fever (hes male so how does that make you a lesbian?) and i dont play golf, or vote democrat... i do the others does that make me a homogay?? i'll ask my wife?

im joking im married to a man, my sil is a lesbiam tho so i mighht have caught it from her i suppose?

SinisterSal Fri 26-Oct-12 00:43:00

It probably is a pisstake by the sounds of it but I do have relatives who sound like this - tea party enthusiasts, got married at 20, tha sort of outlook

SinisterSal Fri 26-Oct-12 00:43:44

homogay is GREAT! having agood giigle at that

BadIdeaGenes Fri 26-Oct-12 00:44:12

I googled the article and found this on Wikipedia:

"Christwire is a satirical website that publishes blog style articles that highlight excesses of American Christian conservatives along with obscure weather reportage, new vernacular, intense focus on various communities, and numerous parenting and lifestyle tips.
Like similar satirical websites, Christwire's stories have often erroneously been taken at face value due to their perceived plausibility"

From reading some of it it's quite funny in a sad way, when you think that some people actually believe this kind of thing

Oldmanriver Fri 26-Oct-12 00:44:57

Google Poe's law.

BadIdeaGenes Fri 26-Oct-12 00:45:46

The site is here

QueenofDreams Fri 26-Oct-12 00:47:37

Oh my gosh thank goodness it really is satire. I'm breathing a massive sigh of relief here!

QueenofDreams Fri 26-Oct-12 00:47:58

christwire.org/2011/05/20-ways-to-tell-if-your-teenage-daughter-is-a-lesbian/

ScrambledSmegsEvilTwin Fri 26-Oct-12 00:49:24

Pisstake. Definitely.

Although does anyone remember the American Christian website which published articles cribbed from news outlets, but had software that changed the word 'gay' to 'homosexual'?

Worked fine until they put up an article about the sprinter, Tyson Gay...

QueenofDreams Fri 26-Oct-12 00:50:37

THat's funny Scrambled - Poor guy, I heard so many jokes about Tyson Gay.

Cozy9 Fri 26-Oct-12 00:51:49

If my name was Tyson Gay I think I'd change it.

SinisterSal Fri 26-Oct-12 00:55:36

nahh why pander to eejits?

ScrambledSmegsEvilTwin Fri 26-Oct-12 00:57:28

Exactly. And it makes it easier to spot the twats too.

QueenofDreams Fri 26-Oct-12 00:59:59

christwire.org/2011/05/17-ways-liberal-single-moms-are-destroying-america/

Ok I've read this one now and yes and I'm suddenly having fun with this site!
There's also one on how to 'homogay proof' your child

Scrambled, quite often it was the commentators making the jokes sad

BadIdeaGenes Fri 26-Oct-12 01:02:49

putting us in our place

SinisterSal Fri 26-Oct-12 01:16:56

A few choice quotes -

I have never been one to mince words, especially when it comes to England, or Britain or whatever you want to call it. It is an Island nation of dirty satanic perverts. It is a dirty sinful state who’s only exports are sin.

Soon England began to over fill, so they sent more of their people here. They took possession of our land and began over taxing and torturing our grand fore fathers. You know the rest. Our brave fore fathers threw off the yokes of oppression and opened up a can of whoop butt on them.

Speaking of witchcraftery, we have to look at J.K. Rowlings Harry Pooter series. This gay tale of teen english children running around wiggling their magic wands at each other and riding around on phallic broomsticks.

grin grin grin

QueenofDreams Fri 26-Oct-12 01:23:55

grin

I must make sure to send the link to some of my pagan friends. I'm sure they'll find it hilarious!

maddening Fri 26-Oct-12 08:41:40

There are some real plonkers in the world.

I found a website stating that vegetarians were anti god, child abusers and a few other crap statements. It was by a woman who considered herself v "Christian" but she was obviously a loon

QueenofDreams Fri 26-Oct-12 08:48:59

I find Christians like that so odd. Have they forgotten what their own Bible teaches? Oh yeah, they only pick out the bits that suit them to justify their weird hatred.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now