Talk

Advanced search

To ask a hotel to remove their response to my review on trip advisor?

(15 Posts)
londonmackem Thu 25-Oct-12 22:20:50

I stayed at what I thought was a chain hotel 2 weeks ago for a friends wedding. It is actually a franchise. The room smelled of wet dog/ sweaty feet and was freezing. Both fairly easy to remedy but this didn't happen and the manager was rude and obnoxious.

I complained to customer services and got a response from said manager- it didn't address my complaints and stated I had checked in 4 hours before I complained. I was actually still
in a nearby spa at the supposed time of check-in (not that I think there should be a time limit for raising issues!).

I have taken my complaint further but wondered if I would be reasonable in asking them to remove or at least change the lie?

I am so cross that such simple issues have escalated because of one member of staff.

Knowsabitabouteducation Thu 25-Oct-12 22:23:23

YABU.

You get your say and they get their rebuttal.

LynetteScavo Thu 25-Oct-12 22:24:00

You can ask, but I doubt they will remove it.

crackcrackcrak Thu 25-Oct-12 22:24:28

Don't worry - their response will put people off as much as your review.
I think hotels etc who challenge reviews on there just make themselves look really unreasonable. Customer is always right????

ItsAFuckingVase Thu 25-Oct-12 22:26:23

Ah tripadvisor, the voice of the idiotic!

Why on earth would you think it on for you to use a public forum to air your complaints, but not ok for the hotel to respond in the same manner?

NorksAreMessy Thu 25-Oct-12 22:30:08

Link please

londonmackem Thu 25-Oct-12 22:30:20

I don't have a problem with them responding to my original complaint. For example, sorry the heating was duff, etc. we gave you air freshener (they didn't) I just don't like the fact they lied about the time I checked in and said they offered me another room ( the hotel was full so they had no other rooms).

londonmackem Thu 25-Oct-12 22:33:30

Can you search trip advisor for my user name? It is londonmackem and the review was 13th oct.

The comment is basically a copy of the e-mail the manager sent to me-I responded pointing out the fibs.

SchrodingersUndeadMew Thu 25-Oct-12 23:04:52

It says your only reviews have been on Sep 25th 2008. confused

NorksAreMessy Thu 25-Oct-12 23:08:04

Good sleuthing mew

londonmackem Thu 25-Oct-12 23:23:26

Londonmackem64 Sorry. Complete first world problem I know but was so looking forward to the weekend and this just left a bad taste.

SchrodingersUndeadMew Thu 25-Oct-12 23:24:33

Too much CSI norks, it's getting to me. wink

SchrodingersUndeadMew Thu 25-Oct-12 23:24:50

Norks *

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 25-Oct-12 23:32:58

He sounds like a twunt in his reply and has done more harm than good. I would leave him to it.

SchrodingersUndeadMew Thu 25-Oct-12 23:37:31

Why can't I find this review? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now