Talk

Advanced search

To ask a hotel to remove their response to my review on trip advisor?

(15 Posts)
londonmackem Thu 25-Oct-12 22:20:50

I stayed at what I thought was a chain hotel 2 weeks ago for a friends wedding. It is actually a franchise. The room smelled of wet dog/ sweaty feet and was freezing. Both fairly easy to remedy but this didn't happen and the manager was rude and obnoxious.

I complained to customer services and got a response from said manager- it didn't address my complaints and stated I had checked in 4 hours before I complained. I was actually still
in a nearby spa at the supposed time of check-in (not that I think there should be a time limit for raising issues!).

I have taken my complaint further but wondered if I would be reasonable in asking them to remove or at least change the lie?

I am so cross that such simple issues have escalated because of one member of staff.

Knowsabitabouteducation Thu 25-Oct-12 22:23:23

YABU.

You get your say and they get their rebuttal.

LynetteScavo Thu 25-Oct-12 22:24:00

You can ask, but I doubt they will remove it.

crackcrackcrak Thu 25-Oct-12 22:24:28

Don't worry - their response will put people off as much as your review.
I think hotels etc who challenge reviews on there just make themselves look really unreasonable. Customer is always right????

ItsAFuckingVase Thu 25-Oct-12 22:26:23

Ah tripadvisor, the voice of the idiotic!

Why on earth would you think it on for you to use a public forum to air your complaints, but not ok for the hotel to respond in the same manner?

NorksAreMessy Thu 25-Oct-12 22:30:08

Link please

londonmackem Thu 25-Oct-12 22:30:20

I don't have a problem with them responding to my original complaint. For example, sorry the heating was duff, etc. we gave you air freshener (they didn't) I just don't like the fact they lied about the time I checked in and said they offered me another room ( the hotel was full so they had no other rooms).

londonmackem Thu 25-Oct-12 22:33:30

Can you search trip advisor for my user name? It is londonmackem and the review was 13th oct.

The comment is basically a copy of the e-mail the manager sent to me-I responded pointing out the fibs.

SchrodingersUndeadMew Thu 25-Oct-12 23:04:52

It says your only reviews have been on Sep 25th 2008. confused

NorksAreMessy Thu 25-Oct-12 23:08:04

Good sleuthing mew

londonmackem Thu 25-Oct-12 23:23:26

Londonmackem64 Sorry. Complete first world problem I know but was so looking forward to the weekend and this just left a bad taste.

SchrodingersUndeadMew Thu 25-Oct-12 23:24:33

Too much CSI norks, it's getting to me. wink

SchrodingersUndeadMew Thu 25-Oct-12 23:24:50

Norks *

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 25-Oct-12 23:32:58

He sounds like a twunt in his reply and has done more harm than good. I would leave him to it.

SchrodingersUndeadMew Thu 25-Oct-12 23:37:31

Why can't I find this review? confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: