Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To wish a mum would either commit to Halloween or not?

(7 Posts)
mommybunny Thu 25-Oct-12 22:19:40

DS is 7 and on half term next week. I work FT. I'm trying to get activities planned for DS and DD (5) for our au pair to take them to/do with them. DD has been invited to a Halloween party Wed afternoon. The mum of one of DS's friends had said she wants DS to come over to go trick or treating with her DS, but when i texted her to try to firm plans up she replied that as they will just be getting back from a trip to Marrakech late the previous night there is a chance her DS will be "too knackered", so she wants to wait till Halloween morning to decide for sure.

I REALLY don't want DS to look forward to the "potential" of Halloween, if there is a chance it won't happen - I think it's cruel to get his hopes up, and I would have thought this mum would realise that. And I won't be home to pick up the pieces and do something else fun with him if it doesn't happen. It wouldn't be so bad if DD didn't have her own thing going on, but I really wish this mum hadnt mentioned anything at all.

Yes, First World Problem, and DS will eventually get over whatever happens, but if anyone has any suggestions about how to deal with this with grace and wit I would be very grateful.

confused

GhostofMammaTJ Thu 25-Oct-12 22:21:29

Arrange your own plans and let the either knackered or not knackered child fall in to them.

hmm

Dont tell him its happening. If it does its a bonus.

YABU. They are going to just be back from holiday. Its not like shes being awkward for the sake of it.

anniedunne Thu 25-Oct-12 22:25:37

hmm your au pair picks up dd after the party and then takes both dcs trick or treating ? Don't see the problem.

pinkyredrose Thu 25-Oct-12 22:35:59

in the nicest possible way .. 'get over yourself'

HappyHalloweenMotherFucker Thu 25-Oct-12 22:37:03

yawn

SoleSource Fri 26-Oct-12 00:06:55

Don't tell him then. Are you cwazy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now