Talk

Advanced search

To be losing sleep over my weight?

(15 Posts)
KrassKim Thu 25-Oct-12 19:51:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 25-Oct-12 19:52:53

YANBridiculous. YABU. Give yourself a break. You had a baby, a whole new human being is on the planet thanks to you. Are you pushing all your anxiety about leaving your baby and returning to work into this one issue?

Dinglebert Thu 25-Oct-12 19:53:00

They sound truly horrible sad. Do you really worry what a bunch of nasty spiteful women thin? They must be bitter and sad cows to be so vile. Just remember your lovely baby as being the cause for your weight gain.

Dinglebert Thu 25-Oct-12 19:53:23

'nasty spiteful women think'

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 25-Oct-12 20:01:08

BTW I went to a mum and baby Weightwatchers group and found friends through it nothing like the baby group vipers and still go to a group with the same leader. It's great if you like that sort of thing. I've lost the baby weight now but it is a night out when DH looks after DD.

MamaBear17 Thu 25-Oct-12 20:05:23

The women at your work place sound horrible. If I were you I would think of a couple of positive comebacks should anyone be rude enough to ask. For example, '9 months on, 9 months off, thats my motto, I will be back in my jeans by new year!' or 'The best thing about having a baby is that you learn what is truly important in life and skinny jeans do not even come close.'
If you are upbeat and positive then they will not have anything to bitch about. I had a baby with colic and lost a lot of weight because I was so frazzled and stressed with a screaming baby I barely ate and spent all day walking the floors. Every single woman (with the exception of my mum) made some sort of comment about my weight. Whether it was suggesting I was starving myself or making some sort of 'your a jammy bitch' comment. It upset me so much at the time because the furthest thing from my mind was my bloody weight (for the first time in my life too). However, the more I let it get to me the more people made an issue of it because I was so defensive. I really wish I had just let it all wash over me because, at the end of the day, it just does not matter. If you want to lose weight for yourself you will do it, but they have no right to comment and if they do tell them to f-off!

Arthurfowlersallotment Thu 25-Oct-12 20:12:41

You may not feel this way but your weight is not a reflection of your worth as a person. Most women do not lose weight quickly after pregnancy. Six months on I am a 12/14 where I once was 8/10.

If anyone slagged me off because of this I would feel nothing but pity for them.

But going back to work must be hard in itself so please don't dwell on the weight thoughts. If they bitch, fuck em.

SoleSource Thu 25-Oct-12 20:15:54

That sounds lovely MrsTerry.

Try and find that type of group MrsTerry has mentioned. You could make a new set of friends smile congrats for the baby OP

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 25-Oct-12 20:17:16

Yes, Sole it is lovely. Particularly as DH has no idea how long the meeting is and we go for coffee afterwards!

CoolaSchmoola Thu 25-Oct-12 20:22:39

I went back to work after nearly a year of mat leave FOUR AND A HALF STONE heavier.

I have PCOS and I'd actually fought for two years to lose exactly that, whilst in the midst of four years fertility treatment, just so I could have my DD.

Even though I'd worked for the same organisation since the beginning of the initial weightloss we'd moved countries after I'd lost all the weight, and I got pregnant six months after we arrived. So even though I put all the weight back on because of the pregnancy hormones screwing with my PCOS hormonal issues (which I expected) everyone at work got the shock of their lives because they had NEVER seen me like this. I was five dress sizes bigger.... five.

Without treatment for my PCOS (as during pg) this is what happens to me, and I'd explained it, but having never seen it they got a shock. Some didn't even recognise me. Not good.

I'm about to go back to the Dr to go back on the meds I came off whilst pg so hopefully my hormones will balance out and I will slowly but surely get some of this weight off.

But you aren't even in this league, you're only six months after giving birth, and ok, you've still got some baby weight. That's totally normal, and remember, they last saw you pregnant, so realistically you look a LOT slimmer than you did last time you were at work.

I totally get how you feel - but YABU. I'm sure you look fabulous.

Everlong Thu 25-Oct-12 20:25:06

You've recently had a baby and you're trying to lose weight. Brilliant.

Don't let what you think these women might be saying about you get to you so much.

None of them will be perfect.

Enjoy your first day back smile

AyeOopMoose Thu 25-Oct-12 20:43:16

If they say something behind your back, you will never know smile

If they say something to your face, laugh, look pityingly at them and say "are you for real?". It will take the wind out of their sails.

Claireabella1 Thu 25-Oct-12 21:31:41

If they need to gossip about people's weight behind their back, then they must have very sad, unfulfilled lives, you however, get to go home to your beautiful baby. Don't worry about your weight and sod what others may or may not think.

PomBearWithAnOFRS Thu 25-Oct-12 22:40:02

You are taller than me and weigh about as much as one of my legs! honestly.
PLEASE don't let the bitches get to you, I could scream thinking about you worrying about this, you are upset and it's just not right.
Take no notice of anything you think they might be muttering, they obviously have nothing better to do with their time than be vicious, and you have a beautiful, gorgeous, baby to love.
If you are losing weight, slowly is better, you are much more likely to keep it off if it goes at a pound or two a week rather than a crash diet, and if you were a 10 before your pregnancy, you'll get back there soon enough.
If any of them are actually crass enough to comment to your face say "I've put weight on, but you're ugly a bitch - I am dieting"

VintageRainBoots Thu 25-Oct-12 22:42:54

The only women I've known who lost their baby weight instantly after birth were pregorexics. One of them got her doctor to induce her at her 38th week so she could avoid getting any bigger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now