Talk

Advanced search

to actually tell relatives not to get me house plants when they come over

(7 Posts)
bee169 Thu 25-Oct-12 19:43:04

I only have to look at those things and they will die

All the plants I get given are on the turn but I just can't throw them away. I'd rather not get one in the first place.

Viperidae Thu 25-Oct-12 19:44:17

I keep getting them too and I too am the kiss of doom for houseplants.

PoppyScarer Thu 25-Oct-12 19:47:22

Wish I had the balls to tell my MIL this regarding cut flowers. I have two small children and can't be done with either plants or flowers in my house. I can look out of the window at the lovely alive ones in the garden instead.

Mine all die too. In fact IIRC I have two dead plants at one end of the kitchen that I really should put out of their misery.

Go away with your fecking greenery, people!

bee169 Thu 25-Oct-12 20:06:19

Glad I'm not the only one ;) I have just been given some beautiful orchids. I think I will recycle this present and put a smile one someone's face. Hopefully a more greenfingered mummy smile

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 25-Oct-12 20:07:40

I used to keep those Ficus plants until every single leaf had fallen off. Then I would buy another. The triumph of hope over experience. Can I suggest succulents?

CruCru Thu 25-Oct-12 20:08:37

The problem with being given plants is that the person who gives them usually says something like "put it in a sunny spot and water every other day". There is already something in the one sunny spot.

bee169 Thu 25-Oct-12 20:15:12

I don't think I can keep anything , Mrs. Not with 2 kids under 5 anyway. I totally agree with Poppy scarer, I will look out into the garden and see alive plants and try not to get too close to them!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now