Talk

Advanced search

To think he shoud be here ASAP

(34 Posts)
Fishwife1949 Thu 25-Oct-12 17:02:41

Right looking after my DN as my sister has just oved and here and my bil cannt take anymore time off and DN wont start here new day care for 3 weeks

I am nor charging as this is family the agrement is that sister drops her in the morining and bil pickes her up

The issue is he is going home first getting a shower and a bite to eat before coming to get her i think this is a bit of a piss take and think he should come stright from work He gets home about 3 but is not getting here till about 5 um i live 20 minutes down the road ffs

Lso its not as if hes a lumber jack and needs a shower after work he works in a bank ffs

Aibu

Fishwife1949 Thu 25-Oct-12 17:07:19

We all get on fab but this is starting to erk me

EarnestDullard Thu 25-Oct-12 17:07:28

YANBU, you are doing them a favour and he's taking the piss by leaving his child with you for 2 hours more than he needs to every day.

TennisFan42 Thu 25-Oct-12 17:14:25

Cheeky bastard! I would have a word with him (or your sister if you feel more comfortable doing that) and say this isn't on.

EuroShagmore Thu 25-Oct-12 17:19:39

Yep, that's cheeky.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 25-Oct-12 17:20:55

If he had asked you and arranged it like that, fair enough. But two hours 'off' at your expense? Cheeky sod.

Fishwife1949 Thu 25-Oct-12 17:21:07

I think seeing as there are only 4 days left just to keep the peace i will say nothing and quietly seethe

HeinousHecate Thu 25-Oct-12 17:24:18

no. Tell them both that he has to collect their child on his way home or you aren't going to be able to have her.

Tell them that you feel taken advantage of!

HeinousHecate Thu 25-Oct-12 17:25:02

Xpost.

I still think you should tell them you feel that you have been taken advantage of. Keeping the peace is not the be all and end all. Resentment can spoil relationships.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 25-Oct-12 17:26:09

Annoying since I bet he wouldn't do it if they were paying you.

StuntGirl Thu 25-Oct-12 17:31:35

I would definitely have a word, 4 days left or not.

It does not take 2 hours to have a shower and a bite to eat, besides which he should be doing those things after he's collected her. He's taking the piss and I suspect he's just enjoying 2 hours of doing fuck all and having the house to himself.

Politely ask him to collect his daughter straight from work tomorrow as you can only look after her 'til 3.30pm (or whatever time he gets home). Cheeky git.

JustFabulous Thu 25-Oct-12 17:35:06

If he had asked first..

spicandspan Thu 25-Oct-12 17:35:28

arrange an appointment, shopping gtrip, whatever, and tell him you cant have the child for the extra time cos ur going out.

complexnumber Thu 25-Oct-12 17:40:54

He gets home about 3

Is he p/t?

FlobbadobbaBOO Thu 25-Oct-12 17:51:46

It's only 4 days this time, bet they try it again if you don't say something.

BadgersGhostlyRetreatWoo Thu 25-Oct-12 17:54:38

depends on the type of banking complex - i work in finance and do 6.30 am to 2.30pm to keep up with certain stock markets

Ithinkitsjustme Thu 25-Oct-12 17:59:54

YANBU but I think that in your situation, as it is only another 4 days I'd let it go, but make sure you say something if you are ever asked again. I wouldn't see it as a big enough deal to ruin an otherwise good relationship over, but if it happened again I'd say something pretty quick. (I'd also be asking a few favours myself in repayment - like babysitting in the evenings etc grin)

SauvignonBlanche Thu 25-Oct-12 18:19:12

Yanbu

complexnumber Thu 25-Oct-12 18:34:05

i work in finance and do 6.30 am to 2.30pm to keep up with certain stock markets

Fair enough, I just wondered

pictish Thu 25-Oct-12 18:36:08

Very cheeky and liberty taking. Get him told.

BitOutOfPractice Thu 25-Oct-12 18:42:19

What a bloody liberty!

Some people have absolutely no fucking idea about the value (monetary and otherwise) of good quality, loving childcare do they?

DontmindifIdo Thu 25-Oct-12 18:45:37

Call your sister tonight, say you're finding it hard looking after her, so you can do until 3:30pm but need some time in the early evening for your own DCs, so can she tell BIL to come over on his way home from work.

It'll stop you wanting to help again in the future, it's best you're honest about what you're prepared to do.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 25-Oct-12 19:03:09

Does your DS actually know he's doing this?

Shutupanddrive Thu 25-Oct-12 19:05:29

YANBU, he is taking the piss

HandMini Thu 25-Oct-12 19:11:09

He is absolutely taking the piss and YANBU. I would look him straight in the eye and tell him "you have to pick up your DD at 3.30 tomorrow because I want a couple of hours to myself, you know, to have a shower and a bite to eat and relax in an empty house". See how he reacts. You're already doing them a very kind favour...they should not be abusing your generosity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now