Talk

Advanced search

To be cross at my boyfriend even though he was doing me a favour?

(15 Posts)
LuciasHair Thu 25-Oct-12 15:45:31

Yesterday I had to work a 13 hour shift. My kids came home from school at 4pm and I wasn't due home until 8pm.

My boyfriend then, offered to come around to my house after he finished work and sit with them. This was kind of him as we've only been together about 8 months or so but the kids think he's amazing and they always have fun. I thanked him and off to work I go.

Well when I got back there was rice crispies all over the drive way where boyfriend had chased my 11 year old outside with the cereal box and chucked the lot at him. In the hallway a laundry basket had been emptied all over where 11 year old had decided to dump a load of clothes on boyfriend from half way up the stairs. The living room had pizza squashed into the carpet and sofa and the kitchen just looked like a bomb had hit it.
To top it off, boyfriends coat was in the bath after needing rinsing from being tramped into mug outside, 13 year old's drumkit was demolished from the 3 of them playfighting and my bed was broke from where DP had done wrestling moves on the kids.

I made it obvious I wasn't happy about the state of the house but at the same time, I feel torn because he was doing me a favour. I'm so suprised too, he's a safety control supervisor, responsible role, good salary, respected company - he's not some man-child bum. So suprised and irritated at what he did.

SugariceAndScary Thu 25-Oct-12 15:49:50

How old is your Boyfriend? shock

So basically your boyfriend helped your kids trash your house.

But as he was "doing a favour" that makes it ok. I see hmm

Imnotaslimjim Thu 25-Oct-12 15:52:03

YADNBU!! Favour or not, that is unacceptable behaviour in someone elses house!! No wonder your kids think he's amazing, he sounds like a big kid himself! I'd be pretty cross if it was me

ringodingo Thu 25-Oct-12 15:52:20

Kind of him to help out with the kids sounds like his inner child had come out to play! I would say glad you guys had fun but please can you clear up after you while I put my feet up and have a cup of Tea,thanks guys. You have worked a long shift and are probaly tired and irritated.,So get them to run you a bath aswell and sink into the bubbles to drown out the sound of them hoovering up!!

OHforDUCKScake Thu 25-Oct-12 15:53:24

I wouldnt see that as a favour at all.

KenLeeeeeee Thu 25-Oct-12 15:55:14

Oh dear! Well... it sounds like the kids at least had loads of fun! <clutches at straws>

SugariceAndScary Thu 25-Oct-12 15:55:36

Well did they clean up the mess after you arrived home?.
Is he going to fix the bed?
What about the drum kit?

I would be seething that they hadn't cleaned up and that he hadn't given any thought to your feelings.

Whn you say chased, do you mean in a good natured way. I wouldn't be impressed but disagree with some of ths others in that I do think he was doing you a favour. The attitude on mn is that if someone does you a favour you cannot be unimpressed with any single aspect of it.

scarletforya Thu 25-Oct-12 15:59:01

YANBU

I'd go bonkers. That's seriously not on. Was he trying to impress the kids as a 'cool adult' -or is he genuinely a child at heart himself? confused

Regardless, I would be seriously unimpressed. He didn't help you. He created more work for you to do. It would seriously bother me that he didn't clean it up and sort it out at least. He possibly sees you as a Mother figure and assumes you'll do it? angry

TitHead Thu 25-Oct-12 15:59:47

Completley agree with ringadingo that's exactly what I would have done

ClippedPhoenix Thu 25-Oct-12 16:01:30

Blimey, what an idiot your boyfriend is.

StrawberrytallCAKE Thu 25-Oct-12 16:03:22

Is your boyfriend the cat in the hat?

kim147 Thu 25-Oct-12 16:09:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

zippey Thu 25-Oct-12 16:14:10

Sound like a great boyfriend! Never mind all the usual nay-sayers on this thread. He should have cleared things up afterwards though. That would be my only gripe. And also you dont really know what happened, so maybe talk to him about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now