Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want my baby to arrive today!!

(47 Posts)
TennisFan42 Thu 25-Oct-12 09:59:06

She's now 10 days overdue!! Actually, I am lucky in that she's not making me feel that physically uncomfortable but I am getting annoyed at EVERYONE constantly texting/FB'ing to ask if I'm having contractions yet or if there is any news!!!! As if DH and I would (or could) keep her arrival a secret for more than 5 mins when she does appear smile

greenbananas Thu 25-Oct-12 10:00:41

YANBU. Hope your baby arrives soon.

MrsBungleBear Thu 25-Oct-12 10:02:23

Yanbu! I only went 8 days over and was pulling my hair out! Good luck!

GilbGeekette Thu 25-Oct-12 10:03:33

YANBU. I was induced at 10 days and was soooooooooo very glad it was finally happening. Am crossing fingers for you!

Sparklingbrook Thu 25-Oct-12 10:03:52

YANBU, Go and eat the biggest pineapple you can find. smile

Mrsjay Thu 25-Oct-12 10:05:33

YANBU eat your pineapple while walking up and down stairs x100 to try and get her to move herself and stop being so lazy comfy in there smile

TennisFan42 Thu 25-Oct-12 10:05:44

Thanks for your responses. Off to have my umpeenth clary sage bath.

Sparklingbrook Thu 25-Oct-12 10:06:54

Whilst nipple twiddling Mrsjay. grin

Mrsjay Thu 25-Oct-12 10:08:00

Whilst nipple twiddling Mrsjay.

<snigger> grin

TiAAAAARGHo Thu 25-Oct-12 10:08:13

Make a nice spicy curry too

And have sex. Possible in reverse order.

Mrsjay Thu 25-Oct-12 10:09:25

sex first ALways SEX BEFORE CURRY [GRIN]

Kalisi Thu 25-Oct-12 10:09:40

In the days preceeding my labour (a week overdue) I'd eaten pineapple, drank rasberry leaf tea, had sex, gone for a walk, eaten curry, had some champagne shock and driven over speed bumps. It is honestly true that the little buggers come when they are ready! Funnily enough on the day he arrived I was following my Nans advice of wearing my best knickers!!

MsVestibule Thu 25-Oct-12 10:15:33

Have you tried acupuncture? I've heard it's pretty effective. I was induced at 40+15 and really wish I'd known about it before then.

Mrsjay Thu 25-Oct-12 10:17:15

OP get your best knickers on the really nice lacey ones grin

ScrambledSmegsEvilTwin Thu 25-Oct-12 10:20:47

Ooh, if you're hoping for a waterbirth, don't have a curry...

PrettyPrinceofDarkness Thu 25-Oct-12 10:25:59

Nipple twiddling works. wink

KenLeeeeeee Thu 25-Oct-12 10:35:33

Twiddle your nipples whilst bouncing on a ball and eating a hot pineapple curry and having sex. Not in that order!

None of these things will work unless your baby is ready to be born, but it is a bloody fun way to pass the time.

Anyway, YANBU and I hope baby makes an appearance soon. Going 4 days overdue with the latest dc was enough to drive me potty.

BeaWheesht Thu 25-Oct-12 10:41:04

Yanbu at all. Both mine were 13 days late it's seriously one of the reasons I won't have anymore because I can't stand the overdue stage!

MrsKeithRichards Thu 25-Oct-12 10:42:02

Stuff the pineapples and nipple tweaking, just have a good shag.

Tailtwister Thu 25-Oct-12 10:44:20

YANBU. One of mine was early and the other born the day after his due date, so I've never experienced the same myself. However, I can definitely remember being 'ready' and uncomfortable when I reached 40 weeks with the second one. 10 days is a long time to wait and be hassled all the time.

I hope your little one arrives soon.

TennisFan42 Thu 25-Oct-12 10:50:56

Thank you everyone. Tried the hot curry, tried the raspberry leaf tea (or at least have been drinking it since 36 weeks!), tried sex, tried nipple tweaking (for 4 hours - was blinking boring). I will try a long walk this afternoon in my best knickers (and other clothes of course!) wink

LittleWhiteWolf Thu 25-Oct-12 11:06:23

good luck OP! DD went 9 days overdue and DS was induced at 13 days overdue. Its no fun being so big and uncomfortable. I got very cross with DH when sax failed to get things started with DS blush in my defence, I was so big and tired that sex was quite an effort!

BeautifulBlondePineapple Thu 25-Oct-12 11:30:52

It's probably not what you want to hear, but nothing worked for me all 3 times. Tried accupressure, acupuncture, RLT, pineapples (multiple!), curry, long walks, bumpy car rides, rollercoaster simulator (yes really), sex (hilarious) and evening primrose oil up my hooha. Had to be induced each time (blood pressure up at +10 days).

Might as well just sit on your arse, eat chocolate, watch a movie and relax while you can.

Hope it happens soon for you! It is so bloody uncomfortable.

doorbellringer Thu 25-Oct-12 11:33:45

Kenleeeeee

Twiddle your nipples whilst bouncing on a ball and eating a hot pineapple curry and having sex. Not in that order!

Sounds like an average Saturday night to me! grin

TennisFan42 Thu 25-Oct-12 15:56:03

Watch out - massive rant coming up!!

Just been to GPs to see midwife for second sweep to be told (by the less than helpful receptionist) that she is on holiday this week. Turns out she booked the appt for next week by accident. So we say to receptionist that she'll need to cancel it as no point next week as due to be induced on sunday. Gormless woman just keeps staring at us and then keeps repeating that MW is on holiday. I GOT THAT! What do I do now??? Eventually she suggests ringing the triage line to see what they say.

Really pissed off. Not at MW as she made a mistake and she has been great throughout the pregnancy. Annoyed that this has happened though and that receptionist was so unsympathetic and unhelpful! Grrrr. Was almost in tears walking home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now