Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

WWYD or AIBU lunch

(42 Posts)
cheekypickle Thu 25-Oct-12 09:40:05

A friend was meant to meet up with me today. She has a month old baby. I have a DD who is 14months. Really looking forward to meeting up.

Except she txt me saying she was meeting up with another friend with 2 year old for lunch , would I like to join them?

I'm a bit annoyed. My DD goes to the childminder at 1pm so I can't really meet for lunch or if I so it'll be a complete rush. My DD is at awkward stage of not walking independently so she'll be stuck in buggy over lunch time (unless we go to somewhere with high chair)

Wwyd? AIBU?

cazboldy Thu 25-Oct-12 09:41:41

can't you just explain your difficulty if she is your friend?

What did you want to do?

cheekypickle Thu 25-Oct-12 09:43:04

I thought we would walk into town grab a coffee, cake let little one play in park for half hour then walk home.

cheekypickle Thu 25-Oct-12 09:43:23

Or just chill at home and chat

TantrumsAndBalloons Thu 25-Oct-12 09:48:01

What time were you supposed to be meeting up then?

redexpat Thu 25-Oct-12 09:48:08

Well if she has a month old baby I'd be inclined to cut her some slack. Could you jsut ring her and arrange another time? I dont think I could have walked very far when DS was a month old. I'm sure she'll understand that it's not convienient. Changing plans is annoying but I'm sure she's not doing it to spite you. Does she know when DD goes to the CM?

Goldmandra Thu 25-Oct-12 09:49:11

You friend has a very young baby and so is knackered. I'm impressed she's making it out at all.

I would go for the lunch and make it short and sweet.

Buggy/highchair. What's the difference as long as she gets her lunch?

You could text childminder and say DD will be a bit late today, would she mind?

Shelby2010 Thu 25-Oct-12 09:50:20

What time were you expecting to meet? Or is it the hassle of eating out with DD that is bugging you? Do you have to work this afternoon - if not does it matter if she is a bit late for the childminder? Otherwise just say lunch doesn't work for you today because of xyz. More info needed!

ceeveebee Thu 25-Oct-12 09:51:01

I am sure you will be able to find somewhere with a high chair. The childminder won't mind if she is late.
Or if you prefer why not ask childminder to take your DD early and you go for lunch with your friend on your own?

cheekypickle Thu 25-Oct-12 09:51:45

Yeah I'm a bit worried about eating out with DD

cazboldy Thu 25-Oct-12 09:51:50

or ask if you can go and see her, at her house for a coffee before she goes to meet the other friend.

dysfunctionalme Thu 25-Oct-12 09:53:19

Is it her first child? She may not have a clue what it's like taking a 14m old out. Or she's knackered and hasn't been able to think it through. Can you just tell her and rearrange a time that better suits?

cheekypickle Thu 25-Oct-12 09:54:55

I haven't text her back either way yet. Should I go or should I stay in? Arghh! I'm always a bit stressy when I take DD out for lunch even though she's really well behaved !

Shelby2010 Thu 25-Oct-12 10:00:55

Well at that age I'd probably have taken her a little packed lunch of finger food that she liked & doesn't make too much mess. She can then have some of your lunch but you don't have to worry if there is nothing she likes. Also don't worry about it being a perfectly balanced meal for once. If bread sticks & biscuits keep her happy then just go with it. Also, she will probably be entertained by watching the other toddler.

Give it a go - you might even enjoy it!

Shelby2010 Thu 25-Oct-12 10:04:11

Definitely go! The other mums have a tiny baby & a 2 year old, you dd will probably be the easiest child there!

pictish Thu 25-Oct-12 10:06:15

I'd go. No good reason not to.

valiumredhead Thu 25-Oct-12 10:10:39

Go for lunch and just warn your friend that it'll be short and sweet - or ring the child minder and tell her you will be a bit later today, I doubt she'll mind.

fraserboysmum Thu 25-Oct-12 10:11:21

If you're really worried about lunch i'd suggest what Cazboldy has said and just meet her for a coffee before she goes to meet her other friend for lunch ... although at some point it would be a good idea to get used to feeding DD anywhere and with anyone, and it's less stressful if there are other mums there too xx

cheekypickle Thu 25-Oct-12 13:07:45

Prepared lunch for LO and went into town. Had coffee and cake and then friends said they didn't want to get lunch- great

What a waste of time and stressing for nothing!

valiumredhead Thu 25-Oct-12 13:09:25

But you saw your friends so why was it a waste of time? confused Sounds like it worked out for the best really.

cheekypickle Thu 25-Oct-12 13:11:57

No because now DD is fast asleep (without having lunch) and I needed to have taken her to the childminder by 1pm

valiumredhead Thu 25-Oct-12 13:13:21

But does it matter, really? Give her her lunch when she gets up and take her to the CM or have a quiet afternoon at home.

Sirzy Thu 25-Oct-12 13:14:23

Why didn't you just give her lunch while you had the coffee and cake?

honeytea Thu 25-Oct-12 13:16:04

But you prepared lunch? Just give dd lunch when she wakes up, no need for all the stress! Just try to enjoy yourself and go with the flow.

cheekypickle Thu 25-Oct-12 14:08:00

I can't ever relax. I get stressed out far too easily

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now