Talk

Advanced search

Am I being pfb or is teacher arsey?

(11 Posts)
goldface Wed 24-Oct-12 23:25:01

So parents eve, y4, always had lovely ones before, and she starts by telling us at great length that yesterday and today he has answered back the ta at lunchtime and as a result has his name on the board. She said he had been really worried about it but wanted she us to see ( name is up there, for all parents to see, all other names are on a star to show everyone else has been fine).
She went on to say how polite he normally is, how bright, above average and imaginative he is but banging on about the TA thing really set the tone and made the whole thing feel vnegative.
So PFB or bit mean to bang on an on about something that wouldn't even have come up if we had gone to Monday's parents eve?!

Wolfiefan Wed 24-Oct-12 23:26:45

Perhaps she wanted to highlight behaviour she felt was out of character?

bringupthebabies Wed 24-Oct-12 23:29:46

Were you embarassed that the other parents saw your DCs name? Rather than it being about pfb?

TBH if that's all you've got to worry about atm then I think you are very lucky.

WorraLiberty Wed 24-Oct-12 23:41:45

I agree with Wolfie

When my DS2 was in year 3 or 4 (can't remember) they had a '3 strikes' name on the board system...so if they got 3 in a week they'd get detention/lose golden time.

His teacher came up to me in the playground and told me he was up there twice and normally she would never mention it, but it was so out of character for him...she thought she would.

In other words, she was giving us the chance to speak to him about it and I was grateful for that because otherwise we would never have known.

Turned out he was just being overly chatty and needed moving away from his friends, but at least she told us his behaviour was taking a slight downturn.

noblegiraffe Wed 24-Oct-12 23:43:03

Are you sure it wouldn't have come up if you hadn't been to parents' evening? Perhaps she was simply taking the opportunity and would have approached you anyway; clearly if your DS is answering back to the TA not just once but twice then it needs nipping in the bud immediately. Bad timing on your DS's part to be rude when you were definitely going to see the teacher!

musicposy Wed 24-Oct-12 23:45:44

Well....I'm not convinced it should have been up there on the board for everyone to see.
However, at least you know and can nip it in the bud before it becomes anything more disruptive or serious.

Arisbottle Wed 24-Oct-12 23:47:02

Why is she being arsey to let you know that your son was being rude to a TA?

My dd was rude to a TA , which was out of character for her, I was glad to know and our dd was severely reprimanded. At no point did I think the teache was being arsey, my dd was though and needed telling.

goldface Wed 24-Oct-12 23:47:28

Thanks Worra and Wolfie, that's a really helpful perspective, cos it did sound like that I think, quite concerned and she said, do chat to him about it. Think is prob a good early warning so we can help him settle and crack on with the year!
He can be cheeky sometimes, and if it annoys me when I adore him it sure must bug them!!

WorraLiberty Wed 24-Oct-12 23:50:14

If it had been my DS1, two strikes on the board would have been seen as progress and celebrated grin

goldface Wed 24-Oct-12 23:52:31

grin

GhostofMammaTJ Thu 25-Oct-12 01:35:18

The teacher won't hold this against him for the rest of the year. She is giving you the chance to have a word with him and allow him to return to normal behaviour before this becomes the norm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now