Talk

Advanced search

To order a take away for tea- even though im meant to be dieting

(8 Posts)
TraineeBabyCatcher Wed 24-Oct-12 19:17:08

So far I have done very well, but today I am cold and wet, I won't be home till half past 9 as my 2 hour commute has been stretched to 3 hours as my tire blew on my bike and I had to.drag it two miles.to the bike shop (on the way to the train station) get myself a new tyre and inner and drag it to the train station, missing my hourly train my 3 minutes. Im, tired I'm wet and the last thing I want to do is cook.
Is it possible to get a healthy take away? Woe is me.

tescocarrierbagexplosion Wed 24-Oct-12 19:27:36

Just get a takeaway! One won't kill the diet!

loveroflife Wed 24-Oct-12 19:33:27

You could get chicken tikka (main) just chicken pieces, cooked in charcoal oven (dry though), you normally get a salad on the side and you could order plain boiled rice to go with it.

Although, I always let myself down by ordering a garlic naan instead of the rice, tearing bits off it and wrapping the chicken pieces in it and pouring the mint sauce over them and shovelling it down <it is orgasmic, I kid you not>

sushi is a healthy dinner or if you have a decent kebab shop, chicken on a skewer in pitta and salad - no sauce though!

Chicken shush from the kebab shop isn't a bad takeaway along with salad and a pitta it's pretty filling too.

RedZombie Wed 24-Oct-12 19:36:51

Get a big greasy chow mien. Dragging the bike exerts loads more energy than riding it, probably, so you need the extra calories (sort of)

What 'diet' is it? I follow slimming world and Chinese dishes aren't too bad smile

Boiled rice with beef and black bean is a good choice, as is chowmein.

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 24-Oct-12 19:41:08

Beef and broccoli isn't bad on Weightwatchers. Japanese is always good. This reminds me of having the same conversation with a friend of mine. she asked, "can I make fish and chips healthy?" I answered that she could if she didn't eat the chips and took the batter off the fish. She answered, "by fish, I meant battered sausage". There's nothing you can do with a battered sausage to make it healthy...

Autumnchill Wed 24-Oct-12 19:43:45

If its Slimming Word then my go to takeaway is Chow Mein or Chicken Tikka with large salad or boiled rice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now