Talk

Advanced search

to wonder if a bad mood makes anyone else unreasonable with their DC?

(12 Posts)
Vessel Wed 24-Oct-12 17:37:08

when I'm having an 'off' day, I find myself telling DC 'no' to things that I wouldn't usually or snapping over behaviour that wouldn't normally be a problem! Of course, when I do I am BU but am I the only one?

Pancakeflipper Wed 24-Oct-12 17:40:38

No. I often find they lift my grumpiness but sometimes I can hear myself snap at them about stuff I usually wouldn't bat an eyelid over. But I also will say sorry.

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 24-Oct-12 17:43:23

YANBU... I find it helps if I announce in advance 'I'm in a bad mood so if I'm short with you I apologise in advance'. Then people pretty much skittle out of my way rather than get offended....

Startailoforangeandgold Wed 24-Oct-12 17:44:18

If I'm in a bad mood everyone is likely to get snapped at.

DD1 is great and knows when to back off, DD2 tends to wind me up more.
DH can be great at cheating me up sometimes, sometimes he is as bad as DD2.

Startailoforangeandgold Wed 24-Oct-12 17:44:39

Cheering

Vessel Wed 24-Oct-12 17:48:34

I hate it when I know I'm being ridiculous as I'm doing it but am too tired/pregnant/grumpy to stop myself! I always apologise but feel guilty and twattish.

Naghoul Wed 24-Oct-12 17:48:41

You aren't the only one.

However when I am in a bad mood I let them sit too near the telly and eat biscuits, so it's not all bad for them.

BeauNeidel Wed 24-Oct-12 17:53:01

You are not the only one. I feel horrible today as I screamed at my nearly four year old today when he pooed his pants. He then refused to move, refused to take his trousers off and I ended up shutting the door on him to go and calm down.

Not my proudest moment.

DH is very much the type that will say 'no' to absolutely anything just because when he is in a strop. Of course he then denies he's in strop hmm

Inneedofbrandy Wed 24-Oct-12 17:58:00

YANBU I to do this. I would say wine but your pregnant. I find sending them to tidy up their room while I have a glass of wine stick my ipod on and dance around/tidy up sit and MN for half hour after really helps. I then find a family film (one I can watch to like narnia) take away tea and hugs on the sofa so I don't feel bad sending them away earlier.

WongaDotMom Wed 24-Oct-12 17:58:24

I used to be unreasonable on occasions with my 2 eldest DDs when I was younger and in a bad place emotionally due to my circumstances.

I used to beat myself up about it cos they deserved so much better but they have turned out just fantastic now age 19 and 20

I have never been that way with youngest DS age 3 even though he is much brattier than DDs ever were as I am never in a bad mood!

Vessel Wed 24-Oct-12 18:00:51

I think the most unreasonable thing I get annoyed about when in a foul mood is open-mouthed eating. Or any eating noises for that matter blush

TenMinutesLate Wed 24-Oct-12 20:22:04

Not unreasonable at all (I do hope not anyway!), I've been a grumpy snappy cow today as I'm so tired (DS up in night numerous times).

DS knocked over his cup of tea all over the floor and I went berserk. Normally I'd just say 'never mind, it was an accident', not today OP, you would of thought he'd set fire to the dog the way I bellowed. I'm dreadful when I'm tired or stressed. Embarrassingly dreadful blush

Early night and hopefully my inner perfect mother should come back and make an appearance tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now