Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think that a letter would have the job (and saved me and the health service time and money)

(1 Post)
Ithinkitsjustme Wed 24-Oct-12 16:50:07

My DS2 was suffering from severe headaches and we were referred to teh children's hospital for investigation. He was given bloodtests, an MRI scan and some medication. We were sent a follow up appointment for yesterday, we were kept waiting for nearly 2 hours past our appointment time and when we did finally get to see a doctor we were told that everything was fine, they must have been tension headaches and if they recurred we should ask our GP for a repeat prescription for the tablets he had been given. Now, I appreciate that they can't help the extra waiting time as the people in front of us must have had more complex issues but couldn't they have just sent a letter saying that everything was fine and unless we had any other concerns that they didn't need to see us again? It seemed a total waste of the doctors time, as well as mine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now