Talk

Advanced search

To find this really funny?

(20 Posts)
KenAdams Wed 24-Oct-12 13:17:02

DM link - www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2222366/Paranormal-Activity-4-instead-Madagascar-3-shown-screaming-children-bungling-cinema-staff.html

Headline: Screaming children flee cinema in terror after bungling staff show Paranormal Activity instead of Madagascar 3

I'm a parent but it made me laugh.

grin

GoSakuramachi Wed 24-Oct-12 13:18:43

It's funny that small children were terrified by images of corpses being thrown at the screen?

hmm Hilarious.

degutastic Wed 24-Oct-12 13:20:56

awful awful awful

I did laugh though

quoteunquote Wed 24-Oct-12 13:20:59

That's horrific, I would be very unimpressed if that had happened to my child, I also know a lot of adults that would be upset at seeing those type of imagines.

MumsGoToReykjavik Wed 24-Oct-12 13:22:53

How did every single individual parent of the "scarred for life" children not notice immediately that they were not watching a cartoon?

Scarred for life, puh-lease.

MrsRhettButler Wed 24-Oct-12 13:29:09

Oh cinema screens are really big and its very loud, I can imagine dd1 being scared (not scarred for life though hmm )
If that was the opening scene as in straight away that's what you see then I can imagine it was quite scary.

WorraLiberty Wed 24-Oct-12 13:33:02

Fucking hell they only saw 2 minutes of the film and that was enough to 'scar them for life'?

Compensation claim anyone? wink

MrsRhettButler Wed 24-Oct-12 13:42:21

2 minutes is actually a really long time, it would have taken less than 5 seconds for me to clap my hands over dd's eyes.

MrsRhettButler Wed 24-Oct-12 13:43:18

What I mean is, anyone who sat there for two whole minutes has only themselves to blame!

HoneyDragon Wed 24-Oct-12 13:46:59

Don't they have the thingy wotsit at the beginning that says what film you are about to watch?

PinkFairyDust Wed 24-Oct-12 13:48:10

Does it not say along the lines of - your about to see Paranormal activity 4 with what rating it is......surely some of the parents can read?!

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Wed 24-Oct-12 13:52:31

They would have seen opening credits saying the name of the film before it was shown so they sat their willingly

SoleSource Wed 24-Oct-12 13:52:59

Lol

Hullygully Wed 24-Oct-12 13:54:57

heh heh

YerMaw1989 Wed 24-Oct-12 13:56:13

Actually they should be bloody glad it was Paranormal which mainly relies on jump scares rather then something like Silent Hill , or the vast majority of other horrors rely heavily on sadism and gore.

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Wed 24-Oct-12 13:58:28

Could have been worse! Could have been PA and KPs music video for the total fuck up cover of A whole new world I'd rather see a flying corpse

zippey Wed 24-Oct-12 15:18:57

Reading a DM article would scar me for life, so Im not opening the link.

ErrorError Wed 24-Oct-12 16:03:03

Agree with others here saying there would be a BBFC screen showing what film/rating you were about to see. It would have been obvious. And if any parents thought that screenshot popping up was a mistake, usually the trailers beforehand are a dead giveaway. They wouldn't show horror trailers before a kids film etc. I don't believe these kids will be scarred for life. I have quite a dark sense of humour so I find this quite funny too! Feel a bit sorry for the screaming kids though!

fishnhips Wed 24-Oct-12 20:22:25

My husband and I just had a good laugh about this. I think it's really funny. YANBU

BupcakesAndHaunting Wed 24-Oct-12 20:25:48

COMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now