Talk

Advanced search

To have made a docs appointment

(10 Posts)
FizzyLaces Tue 23-Oct-12 21:46:46

I never need to go to the doctor and have always kept really well and there is a chance I might not go this time but I have thought my right breast has felt weird for about 6 months. It was itchy for a few weeks (put it down to my bras), now it feels hot in one area and I also have a pain in my shoulder. I have convinced myself I have a stabbing pain in my breast, but it is probably because I am getting myself worked up a bit. I can't feel any lumps but I am pretty busty!

There is no history of breast cancer in my family and I have breastfed two children for two years apiece (this is preventative, I believe, which is the only reason I am including this information, not for a stealth boast grin), I was also a young Mum (another preventative thing allegedly) and am now 35.

I think I have increased my chances of Breast Cancer as I have always been quite a heavy drinker, binge-ing at the weekend rather than every night. I am also about three stone overweight and never take exercise. I'm a frazzled working Mum of a teen and a 4 year old and am extremely stressed about life, work, ill parents, money etc so not exactly looking after myself.

Has anyone experienced similar? I have a friend who has, but I don't really want to discuss this before I see the doc, not even with my family/DP. So I thought discussing it with you lovelies would be a good start smile

Christelle2207 Tue 23-Oct-12 22:06:14

On dear, pls go to doc just in case. I had stabbing pains, really bad (of the cry out loud kind) and turned out to be hormonal, and now gone away. I was fast tracked to the breast clinic though, was seen within a few days, hopefully the same for you and you can set your mind at rest.

Fakebook Tue 23-Oct-12 22:09:21

You know you have to go to the doctor. Chances are it may just be a blocked milk. if its something serious, the quicker its caught the better. Think of your dd and family.

FizzyLaces Tue 23-Oct-12 22:26:09

Yes, Christelle was googling earlier and hormonal does seem likely. Great you were seen so quickly at the breast clinic. Will now google blocked milk duct, Fakebook!

Made appointment this afternoon for next week with a very posh sounding double-barrelled not fearnley-whittingstall but similar doctor who is female smile

devonshiredumpling Tue 23-Oct-12 23:10:38

go to the docs even if shows nothing you will be reassured and you are NOT being unreasonable

FizzyLaces Tue 23-Oct-12 23:39:47

Thank you Devonshire smile I know I am not really being unreasonable but taking time off work to go to docs is all such a faff.

Wingedharpy Wed 24-Oct-12 02:09:54

Go to the Doctors and tell them about your cancer concerns as well as your symptoms.

FizzyLaces Wed 24-Oct-12 19:27:10

Winged, lets say I am ill and need to be signed off work (which I am terrified of as the LA I work for have brought in a really scary sickness absence policy), can Occupational Health get GP records and if I talked about my consumption to GP, could this be told to Occupational Health and used against me?

I have never spoken to a GP about anything and I do worry about what you tell them. Is this paranoid and stupid?

digerd Wed 24-Oct-12 20:36:55

With pain in the breast, I doubt if your GP, would ask if you drink and how much . Might ask if Breast Cancer is in your family, When I had painful lumps, they were not even tested by GP, he just referred me as urgent.
My lumps were just fribrous tissue, and I can feel everything in mine as sadly not well endowed like you . Caused by a hormonal substitute, which had increased them and everything else. !!! If something is hot, it usually means inflamation, not cancer. Gps, usually fit working patients in very late. You must make an appt with GP

FizzyLaces Wed 24-Oct-12 23:46:36

Hi, yes they did offer after work appt in a couple of weeks, but I took closer appt and have shoogled diary. I manage my diary so not a prob. Just inconvenient as I am busy is all.

I hope it is nothing too, but have a bad feeling... This may well be related to other people around me being ill and me being hyper-sensitive. It just feels weird.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now