Advanced search

To think the election for a Local Police Commissioner

(14 Posts)
kim147 Tue 23-Oct-12 21:15:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChickenFillet Tue 23-Oct-12 21:17:09

ArterialSpurtMonkey Tue 23-Oct-12 21:18:10

I have no idea what it's all about. I'm assuming it's because Jim Gordon got sacked after the Harvey Dent thing?

JellyBelly10 Tue 23-Oct-12 21:18:28

My DC's school is closed for the day so people can use it as a polling station for this election. A waste of a day's learning for nothing. Crock of shit!

ChickenFillet Tue 23-Oct-12 21:19:05

Snazzyspookyandscary Tue 23-Oct-12 21:21:08

Plus it makes it all explicitly political. I don't like that either. I will vote, but suspect it will be pointless as where I am there is strong support for one party thus their candidate will win even if they know zilch about policing.

RuleBritannia Tue 23-Oct-12 21:22:45

There's been no publicity round here about who the candidates are, where they live, whether they are male or female bet they are all male.

BackforGood Tue 23-Oct-12 21:26:55

Anyone here know what it's all about ?
We've been notified the school is closing for everyone to vote, and local radio have been saying you will get the chance to vote, but, so far, I don't know what or who I'm voting for, or why we are being given this vote. confused

ChickenFillet Tue 23-Oct-12 21:27:18

LineRunner Tue 23-Oct-12 21:29:10

It is just wank, I agree.

kim147 Tue 23-Oct-12 21:34:44

Birdsgottafly Tue 23-Oct-12 21:40:43

The one good thing to come out of it, is that all the candidates (in West Yorkshire) are calling for Bettison to stand down.

I don't want to hyjack the thead, but there has been a lot of local interest in Liverpool about the debates and agendas put forward by our candidates, probably spurred by the Hillsborough victory.

I suppose it depends on where you live and what sort of crime that you have.

There was mass objection to the lack of action that has allowed gun crime to increase but measures are now being taken.

Birdsgottafly Tue 23-Oct-12 21:42:04

Having said that i don't know if it will change anything.

McHappyPants2012 Tue 23-Oct-12 21:48:13

My DC's school is closed for the day so people can use it as a polling station for this election. A waste of a day's learning for nothing. Crock of shit!

the school can't just shut for voting, the school would take a teacher training day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now