Talk

Advanced search

cold callers, buzz off!!

(8 Posts)
mrsfuzzy Tue 23-Oct-12 12:14:48

to have a printed police notice o n the front door which clearly and politey says 'sorry, no cold callers', what part of that do people not understand? a couple ot times recently i've had salesmen try their luck until i've said 'no thanks and pointed to the notice, " i presume you can read" and the best one was testerday when a chap asked me if i wanted double glazing, he caught me on the hop as i was opening the door for my kids friends, the problem with his question was that it is obvious that we have double glazing, so that was some what worrying! incidently can't really ignore the door knocker as the kids are alway having their mates round.

BumpingFuglies Tue 23-Oct-12 12:53:42

Maybe a Police notice was taking it a bit far grin

mrsfuzzy Tue 23-Oct-12 13:12:38

the police notice was one printed in the local paper to stop the cold calling as it has been a problem in my area for about six months. love the icon ;)

BumpingFuglies Tue 23-Oct-12 13:28:30

Ah, thought it was a typo!

trice Tue 23-Oct-12 13:28:41

I don't ever want soffits, double gazing, dishcloths, fresh fish, manure for the garden, tarmac, kitchens, a change of electricity supplier or cable tv. So sod off and stop getting me out of the bath!

That is what my notice would say.

MistressIggi Tue 23-Oct-12 13:32:15

I wonder how it would work on the phone? Maybe could change my answer phone message to one saying "hi, if you're my mum, but bugger off if you're trying to sell me something and bugger right off if you're a microsoft scammer".

mrsfuzzy Tue 23-Oct-12 14:04:19

trice, you go girl, high 5! like what you are saying.

Sallyingforth Tue 23-Oct-12 14:17:25

MistressIggi
You can do that automatically with this:
http://www.truecall.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now