Talk

Advanced search

To go to parents evening in my nightwear and fluffy slippers?

(3 Posts)
Whistlingwaves Tue 23-Oct-12 10:09:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DeWe Tue 23-Oct-12 10:12:51

My parents used to dress up as if for a night out. My df would put on his old tweed suit, and smart wool tie. My dm would make up her face, which she didn't usually, and put on a smart dress and large hat.

Never worked out why they did this. No one else did.

Mind you if me and dh get a babysitter and are going out it's more often than not to parents' evening, so maybe that's why.

I made an effort for parents' evening last night. I changed my tights that had a large hole for a smaller hole (and couldn't be seen) and wiped the chocolate smear off my sleeve from where ds grabbed me eating cake... grin

mrsfuzzy Tue 23-Oct-12 11:34:06

my daughters dyed stripes in their hair over summer and dared me to do it, so i did and have never looked back, i now have a bright pink 'stephanie from lazy town' bob which people say suits my fun personality, cheers them up and makes people laugh, but that's okay it makes folk happy. i'm now know as the mum with the pink hair at school, and it's put my girls off dying their hair again, dd,17 was going to do her bright blue, but not any more, can't think why!! but the kids are okay with it, if they were to be embarrassed i'd get rid of it, their mates say how cool it is. love the idea of the nightie at parents evening though, what happens if someone sleeps in the buff???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now