(81 Posts)
slartybartfast Tue 23-Oct-12 09:25:07

it is not funny any more

ZombTEE Tue 23-Oct-12 09:27:03

Um...YABU? Maybe...

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Tue 23-Oct-12 09:29:15

Yabu. iPads do it too.

Inneedofbrandy Tue 23-Oct-12 09:29:23

My phone has a life of its own! It adds words, takes away letters and posts before I've finished. Blame my phone not me grin

Whistlingwaves Tue 23-Oct-12 09:30:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

diddl Tue 23-Oct-12 09:33:38

"it is not funny any more"

Well it is sometimesgrin

But some posts are just nonsense-does having auto correct mean that you have to use the chosen word & can´t put in the word you want??

Startailoforangeandgold Tue 23-Oct-12 09:34:02

Guilty
Dyslexia, autocorrect, posting in a hurry without proofing and an iPod screen covered in cracks.

I post a lot of blushblush rubbish. blush

cocolepew Tue 23-Oct-12 09:36:02

My phone changes diahorrea to sushi, is there a conection?

slartybartfast Tue 23-Oct-12 09:37:45

ha ha cocole

freddiefrog Tue 23-Oct-12 09:37:50

I turned autocorrect off on my phone for a while as its randomness drove me crazy but turned it back on as it puts all the apostrophes and full stops in for me.

I try to keep an eye on it but it autocorrects by stealth sometimes and they sneak past me

LST Tue 23-Oct-12 09:38:32

Yabu

Fakebook Tue 23-Oct-12 09:39:33

What's you to talks in abound?

plutocrap Tue 23-Oct-12 09:40:18

I agree! You don't have to have autocorrect on. Mine is off, so all my typos are "normal" QWERTY keyboard slips ("s" for "a", and so on), which is easier to decode than words which are spelled correctly but don't make sense, e.g. "I'll" instead of "ill".

redpanda13 Tue 23-Oct-12 10:05:52

Yabu - earlier my phone changed rhesus to Gothenburg

Alligatorpie Tue 23-Oct-12 10:11:19

My iPad changed party to orgy when writing on FB, not great as it was about a six year olds party....

slartybartfast Tue 23-Oct-12 10:12:28

oh shoot alligator grin

whistlestopcafe Tue 23-Oct-12 10:14:29

If I type a lengthy post my phone will not allow me to scroll back and proof read. I think we just have to accept that there will be more mistakes and nonsense posts.

Wallison Tue 23-Oct-12 10:15:27

It's not just on here - there are nonsense messages all over the web and it's getting worse as more and more people use their phones and get sloppy about it. Sometimes it seems like the entire internet is made up of people who can't write.

OddBoots Tue 23-Oct-12 10:17:11

Autocorrect off and a qwerty keyboard here, I can't be doing with any of this newfangled nonsense.

Trills Tue 23-Oct-12 10:22:37

If you are on an iPhone then you are a bit stuck because bloody Apple think they know best.

If you are on an Android phone there are a while slew of different keyboards that you can put on your phone that all claim to be better at correcting or customisable or learn the words/phrases that you use.

Again, on Android, you can also pick and choose between different web browsers so you can choose which ones makes it easier for you to check things.

diddl Tue 23-Oct-12 10:22:40

"I think we just have to accept that there will be more mistakes and nonsense posts."

How about switch off the auto correct??

bigmouthstrikesagain Tue 23-Oct-12 10:23:08

The problem is time, tiny keyboard, stubby fingers and auto correction, combined. These make it difficult to address/ notice errors immediately and once you press post here, it is set in stone. If you could edit posts, other forums allow that, then some embarrassing mistakes could be corrected. But there are downsides to allowing editing that probably out weigh the benefits.

ShowOfBloodyStumps Tue 23-Oct-12 10:24:35

Autocorrect can go to he'll.

picnicbasketcase Tue 23-Oct-12 10:25:57

My posts have if/of and in/on confused a lot, but that's my fat fingers rather than autocorrect.

IShallCallYouSquishy Tue 23-Oct-12 10:26:13

Auto correct is hilarious, especially when you tell someone you haven't "orgasmed it yet" rather than "organised it yet"

That wasn't me, honestly blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now