Talk

Advanced search

My DS slipped in a huge mound of dog poo today on our front lawn.

(64 Posts)
SoleSource Mon 22-Oct-12 21:59:39

I have been informed it is a neighbours dog but the informant is also a neighbour and owns a dog.

The dog poo has appeared on my front lawn for years but my DS fell into it. I was so angry inside. He was covered with it (DS is VI).

I feel I want to ask neighbours not to let their dogs out on tbe front of their house to go to the toilet.

I cannot prove it was anybodies specific dog. I guess it is their dog.

AIBU?

(guess I am if cannot prove it was their dog, think other neigjbour is a liar and trouble maker which winds me up)

RobynRidingHood Mon 22-Oct-12 22:01:23

What is IV?

RobynRidingHood Mon 22-Oct-12 22:01:39

or VI ?

Knowsabitabouteducation Mon 22-Oct-12 22:02:05

What do you want to happen?

HeadlessForHalloween Mon 22-Oct-12 22:03:07

VI is 6?

ramblingmum Mon 22-Oct-12 22:03:51

Is DS a 6 year old Roman ?

RobynRidingHood Mon 22-Oct-12 22:03:54

I know VI is 6, I just assumed it was another medical complaint I hadn't heard of

TheOriginalSteamingNit Mon 22-Oct-12 22:03:55

For dogs to stop shitting on her lawn, I imagine!

Op of course YANBU, though someone will probably ask what's so bad about having to wash shit off your kid, poo happens in nature etc etc.

SoleSource Mon 22-Oct-12 22:04:03

Visually impaired. I know one neighbours lets her dog out on the fro.t as it used to wee up my front door. I saw it with my own eyes. Guess I would like it of they stopped letting tbeir dogs out to shit on other peoples gardens.

GrimAndHumourless Mon 22-Oct-12 22:04:45

I think VI is visually impaired, SoleSource?

Is there any way you can secure the front of your property?

Or you might have to lurk and catch red handed (tricky)

PandaG Mon 22-Oct-12 22:04:53

VI - visually impaired ( I only know cos there is a big VI unit at DS's school)

I would be steaming mad, but don't know what you can do about it

HeadlessForHalloween Mon 22-Oct-12 22:05:08

I'd be pissed off, and make sure the neighbours with dogs heard about what happened. But even then that will do nothing if they have no shame.

SoleSource Mon 22-Oct-12 22:05:36

Birtnday mral out today. Wearing brand new clothes. Caked.

HeadlessForHalloween Mon 22-Oct-12 22:06:28

Aah,, I'll remember VI from now on smile. Even more reason to be angry, don't blame you.

Catmint Mon 22-Oct-12 22:06:33

YANBU - it is totally unacceptable for people not to pick up their dog mess, whether it be on a garden or not!

But they should not allow their animals into your garden - is it fenced?

PoshPenny Mon 22-Oct-12 22:06:47

Nightmare. I think you need to send a little note to all your dog owning neighbours telling them what happened to your DS and asking them to clear up after their dog if it poops on your lawn in future. Or set up a spycam and then when you know who it is, start splatting it at their windows. (joke)

GrimAndHumourless Mon 22-Oct-12 22:06:47

awwww new clothes and birthday meal out is even worse, if that's possible sad

PumpkInDublic Mon 22-Oct-12 22:06:49

Aw Sole that's awful. thanks for you.

YANBU to be pissed off. I'd be raging. Dog mess can be dangerous to children. If it's a persistent problem I'd report to the council, not give names but they might be able to send one of those wardens round every now and then. (I cannot believe I am giving you this advice given I have just had some of your goat curry on the other thread, but this could have been serious for your DC's health and I don't think this comes under curtain twitching reporters FWIW.)

RobynRidingHood Mon 22-Oct-12 22:07:09

I'm annoyed. A fox got an egg box out of the paper bin and shat in it and sat it in the middle of my drive. I suppose I should be grateful it had some manners.

HeadlessForHalloween Mon 22-Oct-12 22:07:44

Aww, what a way to end a lovely day!

imperialstateknickers Mon 22-Oct-12 22:08:00

I take it you can't fence off your front lawn op?

YANBU that's gross, but difficult to prevent if there's unimpeded access from the street. Even if all your neighbours are decent dog-owners, every area seems to have a phantom poo-not-picker-upper who walks their dog in the wee small hours. Bastards.

BadgersBottom Mon 22-Oct-12 22:08:46

Do you not have a fence or a gate to prevent this sort of thing?

imperialstateknickers Mon 22-Oct-12 22:08:57

My god about 20 xposts!

SoleSource Mon 22-Oct-12 22:08:59

Dog curry pumpkin?

Not fenced off, will be soon.

FlobbadobbaBOO Mon 22-Oct-12 22:09:00

Complain loudly to everyone you talk to on the street about how distressing it was for DS to fall into the pile and how disgusting it was. Remind everyone about his visual impairement and big up how upset/embarressed he was afterwards. Wuld that have an affect or are they totally shameless?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now