Talk

Advanced search

WHY is everyone a 'female' or a 'male' nowadays?

(12 Posts)
LollopingLil Mon 22-Oct-12 21:34:21

What happened to calling people 'women' or 'men'?

God, everything's pissing me off today. I need to get out more.

FourEyesGold Mon 22-Oct-12 21:37:06

I told my Year 10 class that if, in their controlled assessments, they refer to Curley's wife in 'Of Mice and Men' as "the only female on the ranch" I'll keep them in at lunchtime and make them write the word WOMAN over and over until they've filled two sides of A4.
Apart from being annoying, it's not true; there's Lulu the dog with her litter of pups.

LollopingLil Mon 22-Oct-12 21:39:34

What is it, police speak? Just watching 999: What's Your Emergency and tonight's focused on women (in a fairly patronising way, but that's another moan subject) and they keep banging on about females. Gah!

hiddenhome Mon 22-Oct-12 21:43:00

It's because the rampant secularists have reduced our status to that of animals grin

FourEyesGhoul Mon 22-Oct-12 21:44:00

swift Halloween namechange
To be fair, if you have an issue with it, that's your problem and it's not really a concern of myself. At the end of the day.

LRDtheFeministDragon Mon 22-Oct-12 21:44:42

Dr Corday gets corrected on referring to a patient as a 'male' not a 'man' in ER, about ten years ago IIRC. Doesn't time fly.

It pisses me off too. It's got bugger all to do with animals. It's just bad grammar. 'Male' is an adjective, not a noun.

LollopingLil Mon 22-Oct-12 21:47:31

Ghoul - I've a good mind to report you for goading! grin

<head rotates with rage>

SuffolkNWhat Mon 22-Oct-12 23:02:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ullena Mon 22-Oct-12 23:11:53

We have been secretly conquered by the Ferengi grin

WheresMrMonkey Mon 22-Oct-12 23:12:54

Oh fourEyesGhoul you have really just taken me back to English literature GCSE, school days definitely the best of your life!!

Spatsky Mon 22-Oct-12 23:18:09

What about hermaphrodites?

GoSuckALemon Mon 22-Oct-12 23:18:47

Um, you forgot the shemales.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now