Talk

Advanced search

To be dreading half term already...

(11 Posts)
laanndaaannanny Mon 22-Oct-12 20:49:17

Today's been an awful day for behaviour and made me start dreading half term when there's no school to keep them out of mischief. Please tell me other people feel this way? Or perhaps suggest ideas to entertain them and keep me from going crazy.

Fakebook Mon 22-Oct-12 21:14:57

Meh. This is my first half term and all I can think about are lie ins. I can face tantrums and whining better when I've slept the night before.

laanndaaannanny Mon 22-Oct-12 21:19:00

Oh but I don't even get the lie ins as I'm the nanny sad

hugandroll Mon 22-Oct-12 21:21:25

I'm looking forward to not having to get out the door by a set time but not looking forward to entertaining ds1 in half term. He needs the break though.

Fakebook Mon 22-Oct-12 21:21:28

Oh! In that case, yanbu! Good luck!

Ilovecake1 Mon 22-Oct-12 21:22:27

I am no help to you as I love school holidays...I get all school holidays off and spending time with my children is bliss!! Next week we will be...meeting friends at the park, cinema, opening a box of bendaroos, painting, carving pumpkins, walking a local mountain...I hope some of those suggestions might help!

KittyFane1 Mon 22-Oct-12 21:27:14

YANBU! I was going to say YABU and should relish the prospect of spending time with your adorable DC but you're the nanny!! I couldn't do your job... All the responsibility and no authority to do anything about poor behaviour/ attitudes sad Good luck sad ;(

laanndaaannanny Mon 22-Oct-12 21:33:18

I figure if I cram as many activities into the day as possible we might all make it out of the week alive. grin Though the cheeky school has only gone and planned an inset day either side of the week!

Backtobedlam Mon 22-Oct-12 21:38:08

They may be better over half term as not do tired. I've often notice behaviour really deteriorates in the last few weeks of term, and this has been a loooong half term.

Backtobedlam Mon 22-Oct-12 21:39:29

so tired and noticed behaviour clearly I'm in need of a break to!

thebody Mon 22-Oct-12 21:40:42

No I am a TA and can't wait to spend half term with a lie in and spending time with my girls..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now