Talk

Advanced search

To want to take dd and spend a small fortune in Toys R Us?

(7 Posts)
Dancergirl Mon 22-Oct-12 20:07:54

Or any other toy shop come to that. Oldest dd is 11 and has obviously passed the toy stage. Dd2 is 9, has always been keener on books rather than toys. Dd3 is 5 and really into STUFF! I'm fairly strict, big toys only at Xmas and birthdays, even smaller things I hardly ever buy at other times.

But I'm realising my days of toy buying are numbered! I love toys myself and feel like buying her things a bit more often while I still can. She loves dolls, Barbies, Dora, anything really.

So how do I give in to my inner 6 year old without spoiling her??

GhostofMammaTJ Mon 22-Oct-12 20:10:45

Spoiling children is not about buying them stuff it is about always giving in to them ans letting them become brattish.

Buying your youngest child toys, if you can afford to, for the absolute pleasure of it is not spoiling her.

Do it.

I do realise I will possibly be among the minority here though.

GhostofMammaTJ Mon 22-Oct-12 20:11:32

Forgot to say, YANBU!!

McHappyPants2012 Mon 22-Oct-12 20:12:04

smyths toy store is amazing smile

www.smythstoys.com/Store_Locator.aspx

i would think of the other children, will they be jealous of her having alot of new things.

Rosebud05 Mon 22-Oct-12 20:15:25

Get her a few things that she (and you) really want.

I'm still reeling from the shock that someone on their third child wants more toys in their house!

whathasthecatdonenow Mon 22-Oct-12 20:22:27

McHappy, just been shopping in Smyths today, so much better than Toys R Us.

Dancergirl Mon 22-Oct-12 20:30:00

rosebud, I'm v good on having a regular clear out and outgrown toys are given to charity. So not too much clutter here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now