Talk

Advanced search

To think that the council waste collection team have a bloody cheek because it's their fault my bin bags are still out!

(3 Posts)
Inertia Mon 22-Oct-12 16:48:33

New waste / recycling collection launched 2 weeks ago. My rubbish bags and recycling went out by the stated time, on the correct day, in the right place. They collected the recycling, but the black bags were not collected on the day and have not been collected since, (now 10 days later) despite 6 phone calls (starting from the collection day) , email, web report form, 3 urgent referrals to the collection team, 2 referrals to the waste manager, and a formal complaint.

Just had a knock on the door- and a telling off from the representative of the waste collection team telling me my bin bags shouldn't be out because they are only collected fortnightly now. I FUCKING KNOW THEY SHOULDN'T BE OUT- THAT'S WHY I'VE BEEN CALLING THE COUNCIL FOR THE LAST TEN DAYS!

<Disclaimer- did not actually swear at the nice young man but I did put him right about the facts>

LonelyCloud Mon 22-Oct-12 16:49:52

YANBU to be annoyed about this.

But to be fair, the council representative probably wasn't aware of the background to this when he knocked on your door.

Inertia Mon 22-Oct-12 16:55:03

No he didn't - and I wasn't rude to him. But given that there have been lots of complaints, the council should have checked where there were still outstanding issues before sending people out to tell residents that they were getting it wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now