Talk

Advanced search

to expect the self-assembly nursing chair to build itself...

(20 Posts)
WockComble Mon 22-Oct-12 13:21:15

...while I work my way through an entire box of Lindt Lindor?

Mitigating factors:
- My resident DIYer DH has buggered off to China for a week (for work, apparently)
- I'm 33 weeks pregnant
- I'm a girl therefore can't/won't do DIY
- I really REALLY love chocolate
- My novel-in-progress got rejected by an agent last night and I need cheering up
- DS is at nursery all day
- Constructing this chair will be the highlight of DH's week next week

I don't even know why I'm asking this question. I'm clearly being massively reasonable. Right?

MrsKeithRichards Mon 22-Oct-12 13:26:53

Very reasonable!!

FlobbadobbaBOO Mon 22-Oct-12 13:32:35

YANBU. Those chocs will go out of date at some point, it would be irresponsible to leave them any longer.
Your DH will be delighted by your thoughtfullness at leaving the chair for him to build, what better way to prepare for his unborn child?
grin

WockComble Mon 22-Oct-12 13:35:06

Thanks ladies. Flobba, very good point re consume by date. Was given them as a pressie more than 24 hours ago and the box is still half full, so I don't want to be taking any chances, especially as I am, indeed, pregnant.

WockComble Mon 22-Oct-12 13:35:54

Although I may have to leave the last few for later as I'm starting to feel slightly sick.

ExitPursuedByAaaaaarGhoul Mon 22-Oct-12 13:37:15

Serves you right. Miss Greedy.

TheCunnyFuntOfEastwick Mon 22-Oct-12 13:42:47

Absolutely not unreasonable at all!

Except I too am female and I love building furniture, I'm pretty good at it too grin

WockComble Mon 22-Oct-12 13:43:10

That's Mrs Greedy to you, Exit.

WockComble Mon 22-Oct-12 13:43:54

CunnyFunt, are you SURE you're female? Have you checked lately?

TheCunnyFuntOfEastwick Mon 22-Oct-12 13:48:29

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm female. I did give birth just over 16 months ago, so I'd be worried if I wasn't! And I just went for a wee, fanjo intact!

cheekydevil Mon 22-Oct-12 13:50:52

YANBU, it says 'self assembly' on the box? Then it should 'self assemble' surely? grin

EdithWeston Mon 22-Oct-12 13:52:59

When I was small, I used to think that if I watched for long enough I'd see the self-raising flour levitate.

Squitten Mon 22-Oct-12 13:55:04

YANBU.

Actually, if you were to deprive your DH of this opportunity to wave his power tool about and show you his Manly Construction Skills, then he would have no choice but to have an affair and it would be ALL YOUR FAULT.

So it's the chair or your marriage I'm afraid!

WockComble Mon 22-Oct-12 13:57:43

cheeky: that's a Very Good Point.

squitten: so essentially, chocolate has saved my marriage? That just makes me love it even more.

PurplePidjInAPointyHat Mon 22-Oct-12 13:58:46

For that, YABU! everything else i agree with

WockComble Mon 22-Oct-12 13:59:13

cunnyfunt: I guess we'll just have to put your furniture assembly skills down to an errant gene. I think your pharmacist can give you something for that.

cheekydevil Mon 22-Oct-12 14:02:30

That chocolate isn't going to eat itself though is it? Unless it is 'self consuming' ? grin

ChaoticismyLife Mon 22-Oct-12 14:05:10

The can't bit is UR but the rest of it you are BVVVVVVVVVVVVVR grin

Like cunnyfunt I too have put together various items of furniture. Can't say as I love it but I can, and have, do(ne) it.

Fairyjen Mon 22-Oct-12 14:07:02

If it hasn't "self assembled" by now it is clearly a case of false advertising! Contact manufacturer and ask for a refund!

TheBigJessie Mon 22-Oct-12 14:18:23

Well, if you're a "girl", you can't Do It Yourself. They won't sell power tools to under-eighteens!

[/pedantry]

If you don't feel like doing it yourself, you can let your husband do it. You've got time. I am normally enthusiastic about building furniture, but if anyone had given me even something as small as a dollshouse at 33 weeks, I'd have been Very Impolite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now