Talk

Advanced search

Pissed off FB related sorry in advance

(36 Posts)
EleanorBoobsfelt Sun 21-Oct-12 20:51:13

I lived with my mum when I had dd who is now a teenager herself. For reasons known only to herself my mother took two photos of me when I was in labour one at home having early ctx and another in a hospital bed. On them both I look terrified and a mess.
I for got about these pics and they have been sat in my dm's loft for years.
Until today when my sil has been for lunch at dm's and they've got the box of pics out and she decided to plaster me as a scared 18 year old in labour over fb. Along with about 5 pics of me just after having dd.
I asked her to take them down but she has only taken the first one off.

I'm really upset though it seems a bit mean to go through photos and put all the awful ones of someone on. I'm also a bit upset because I've really welcomed her into the family and befriended her as she has been really lonely.
I did think we had quite a close friendship but I can't see why she thought this was a good idea.

IvorHughJackolantern Sun 21-Oct-12 21:01:38

Tell her they're your photos, not hers, they feature you, not her, and to take them down immediately. Twunt. Her, not you.

Willowme Sun 21-Oct-12 21:13:46

Wow wat a bitch- I would be livid!!

SchrodingersMew Sun 21-Oct-12 21:15:26

Report the photos?

Mintyy Sun 21-Oct-12 21:15:38

She probably doesn't realise how much you dislike them.

Do you honestly think she put them up to goad and humiliate you?

PerfectStranger74 Sun 21-Oct-12 21:18:49

I'm not surprised you're upset! Why did your mum let her have her photos of you?!
I can't understand why she would a) put them on in the first place or b) not apologise and remove them as soon as you asked? Maybe you need to TELL her? Cheeky cow!

therumoursaretrue Sun 21-Oct-12 21:19:48

What Ivor said. She was being totally thoughtless at best to put such personal photos on Facebook, and downright malicious at worst.

VBisme Sun 21-Oct-12 21:20:56

What a horrible thing to do, I suppose it could have been a misunderstanding hmm but she should have removed them straight away.
Could she be a bit jealous of you?

EleanorBoobsfelt Sun 21-Oct-12 21:27:46

In my heart I don't want to think she was doing it to be nasty but I just don't know why she would pick such private photos. I can take a joke but it just seems a bit mean.

I did think we were becoming close we talk everyday on IM and I help out with her new baby.

I did tell her and dm that they needed to come down as they were private and dm agreed but as I said only one has come down.

It's not just embarrassing for me either teenage dd is not impressed at her bare baby bum plastered over fb.

SavoyCabbage Sun 21-Oct-12 21:30:29

I would punch her I'm afraid.

spondulix Sun 21-Oct-12 21:33:24

I'm with Savoy, I would go round hers and punch her.

That is really unacceptable, what a weird thing to do. I would be so upset if I were you.

CaptainVonTrapp Sun 21-Oct-12 21:35:29

Not funny, not a joke. Unforgiveable. I'd be pretty upset your Mum let her. Perhaps she didn't know. Can you report it to fb or something?

QuacksForDoughnuts Sun 21-Oct-12 21:35:51

How do you not at least suspect that your family member might not like pictures of themselves in labour? Yes, some people get photos taken for the family album, but most don't - and that's because nobody looks their best when they're in pain. Snap some of her next time she's having food poisoning and stick those online wink.

EchoBitch Sun 21-Oct-12 22:10:00

How mean,i'd go with SavoyCabbages idea myself.

Natnat29 Sun 21-Oct-12 22:14:05

Another vote for Savoy's plan- failing that I'd publicly ask her on fb why she would do that and ignore you when you've asked her to take them off- name and shame her

Fakebook Sun 21-Oct-12 22:18:52

Who would like their labour and just-after-birth pics plastered all over the Internet?! What an insensitive cow. I'd just tell her they're your pictures and you want them taken down. Horrible woman.

CaptainVonTrapp Sun 21-Oct-12 22:21:39

Untag yourself from the photos. Then click on 'report'. It sounds like she stole the original photos from a box in someone elses house so I would think theres a good chance they will take them down.

And what Savoy said...

MummysHappyPills Sun 21-Oct-12 22:23:55

Report the photos to facebook. Tell her you're going to do it first to give her the chance to take them down. What a cow bag.

EleanorBoobsfelt Sun 21-Oct-12 22:29:37

Yeah my mum has loads of photos in a box, the ones on fb are a bit fuzzy so looks like she took a photo of the photo iyswim?

My wall is private so only I could see the tags but of course anyone can see the pics on her page.

I'm just a little wtf about it. Such an odd thing to do.

catwomanlikesmeatballs Sun 21-Oct-12 23:00:04

yanbu, when people rudely ignore polite requests I find going nuclear makes them suddenly give a shit. Ring her up and yell at her, tell her what an obnoxious bitch she is, how she has purposely tried to humiliate you (even if you don't believe it, say it anyway) and how you can't believe you were ever nice to such an evil cunt and no wonder she's lonely if that's how she treats people. Release your inner pschyo and get every bit of anger you've ever built up in your body out on her, insult, hurt and scare the hell out of her, then go have a cup of tea and forget about it. She'll take the photo's down and will never do anything like that to you again.

It may sound like an overreaction but people like this don't listen to anything less. There's no point wasting good manners on rude people, they either don't notice them, purposely ignore or use them to take advantage. If you don't teach her what she won't get away with now, you are going to deal with years of inappropriate behaviour before you are finally driven to far worse.

The simple fact is that nobody in their right mind would think it acceptable to put up pictures of another person in labour without permission, she knew she was going to offend/embarrass you, that was the point. Now for the consequences.....

EchoBitch Mon 22-Oct-12 01:05:51

Batter her the next time you see her.

Cow.

SomersetONeil Mon 22-Oct-12 01:20:20

This is completely unforgivable - nobody puts photos of someone else in labour up in a public space without their consent. shock I would go medieval on her ass, and I'm a very mild-mannered person.

Unforgiveable - she could forget about my friendship after a stunt like that.

aldiwhore Mon 22-Oct-12 01:23:51

I was with your mum's right to keep these photos right up until she published them. YANBU.

Would she wave it to all and sundry in the high street with as little regard to your feelings as she's shown here? Facebook is public, even amongst friends, you show one, you show them all, you publish... I think some people forget that sometimes.

Always ask the question "would I shout this down the high street?" before you post... I try to keep that in mind.

Be gentle with your mum though, maybe, I don't know her, she could be simply daft or cruel, only you know how to label her!

aldiwhore Mon 22-Oct-12 01:25:15

I agree, click on the photos and tick the box in the 'what do you want to do' window that says I WANT THESE REMOVED! End of argument, you are back in control of yourself.

NatashaBee Mon 22-Oct-12 01:33:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now