Talk

Advanced search

To pretend to be feeding the baby...

(12 Posts)
BatCave Sun 21-Oct-12 18:19:06

... So I don't have to do bed and bath time with the 2.5year old?

I just want snugly cuddles with him and to let husband do the hard work. She's really going through terrible two's, is halfway through dropping her nap so overtired. I'm tired and hormonal, baby isn't even 3 weeks old yet. Im finding her such hard work. She screams at tea time, she is screaming and demanding at bedtime, bossy and demanding all the time

I feel awful that I feel like that about my daughter, between tantrums and tiredness she's a beautiful happy intelligent little girl. I love her to bits but I need a break from it!

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 21-Oct-12 18:32:25

You have a three week old. YANBU.

The3Bears Sun 21-Oct-12 18:37:32

YANBU, im currently doing the same but my baby is 9 weeks old, but in my defence I was on my own from 4pm til 12 last night as dp was volunteering for the police, so I had all the chaos then grin im so mean

dogrilla Sun 21-Oct-12 18:37:53

Ha! I've been doing exactly the same thing. Have a three-week old baby and toddler from hell, who is constantly throwing things, hitting, spitting and generally pushing me to utter despair. Pretending to be busy feeding so DH can deal with the carnage.

chaosisawayoflife Sun 21-Oct-12 18:38:19

Yabu to feel you need to fake an excuse to get your dh to do this when you have a 3 week old! Surely you are a parenting team, and he should be doing his share anyway.

BatCave Sun 21-Oct-12 18:45:13

chaos he's done probably more than his fair share with her today, I think he is wanting baby cuddles as well. He's not complaining. But tues to Friday he's left before we get up, home after she's in bed so I do everything.

dogrilla nice to know its not just me. But I'm sorry your toddler is hard work too.

I love my whole family but I just want to take the baby and run away somewhere quiet just the two of us.

BatCave Sun 21-Oct-12 18:47:43

I don't feel quite so guilty for the pretend feeding though, maybe its the way forward?

belindarose Sun 21-Oct-12 18:48:55

I'm certainly pretending mine is taking longer than usual to deed this evening! 3 yo DD has been extra clingy, demanding and bossy and in exhausted. I've promised an extra story once DS is fed, but all is silent and I think she's asleep. Thank heavens...

coldcupoftea Sun 21-Oct-12 19:10:43

Oh god, I used to do this all the time when DD2 was tiny- shut myself away in the bedroom with a sleeping baby and the Iphone and not come out til the 2yo was in bed and dinner was cooked <evil conspiratory wink> Gotta take what you can get!

BatCave Sun 21-Oct-12 19:40:22

And there's me feeling guilty.... Why did I not think of this before?

Yama Sun 21-Oct-12 19:53:49

I usually head into the kitchen to make packed lunches as it approaches bedtime. wink

3in2years Sun 21-Oct-12 20:29:48

Yanbu

Excellent idea- I'll have to try it out, thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now