Talk

Advanced search

To wash my hair at night??

(46 Posts)
Needahat Sun 21-Oct-12 14:42:14

I wash my hair every morning in the shower. Looking at some older threads about saving time when you work full-time, some posters seemed horrified that people would consider washing hair at night/ having a shower at night as apparently you get dirty sleeping?!

Its ha the opposite effect on me and now I think would save precious time in the morning if I showered/ washed hair once a day still but before bed.

AIBU to consider this?

Enigmosaurus Sun 21-Oct-12 14:45:21

Yanbu.

I only ever wash my hair at night, I don't have time on a morning.

PrincessOfChina Sun 21-Oct-12 14:45:53

YANBU. But I am one of the really dirty MNers who doesn't wash her hair every day.

I shower every day - at night if I'm washing my hair and in the morning if I'm not.

missmalteser Sun 21-Oct-12 14:46:35

I can wash my hair in the morning fine, it's the drying and styling takes so long, yanbu

BackOnceAgainWithLoopyLoops Sun 21-Oct-12 14:47:09

Think I might try this. Live in tropics so can leave to dry in UK and will go curly. Here it needs to be straightened or up, so night washing would be fine for either. Thanks smile

BionicEmu Sun 21-Oct-12 14:47:42

Same as Enigmo, I wash mine in the evening as I don't have time in the morning/cba to get up even earlier to wash it then faff about trying to get it dry.

BackOnceAgainWithLoopyLoops Sun 21-Oct-12 14:48:10

PS also I've had t train my hair to only be washed every 5-6 days, to combat the tropical frizz. I'm a minger. (Shower at least daily though, often twice)

msrisotto Sun 21-Oct-12 14:49:35

It damages your hair washing it every day. There is nothing wrong with washing the night before either.

I rarely wash my hair in the morning, and never every day. just call me a minger but yanbu

Needahat Sun 21-Oct-12 14:49:46

Ah good to see I won't be alone. I can't see how it isn't clean to do so (unless you had a really dirty bed but that would be the problem not the time of washing!)

cookielove Sun 21-Oct-12 14:51:00

PrincessOfChina I am even dirtier i only wash my hair every couple of days (it's really thick and 3/4 down my back and i'm a lazy fecker )

There for i only shower or have a bath every couple of days blush however no one has ever said i smelled, not even DH who is very particular about smells and honest.

Merida Sun 21-Oct-12 14:53:04

Wash mine every other day, at night time. Luckily after I straighten it once it doesn't need done again and I'm sure this is a major reason that it's in such good condition.

Merida Sun 21-Oct-12 14:53:04

Wash mine every other day, at night time. Luckily after I straighten it once it doesn't need done again and I'm sure this is a major reason that it's in such good condition.

SilveryMoon Sun 21-Oct-12 14:54:21

I wash my hair every other day.
I wash it in the morning in the shower because I cba to shower in the evenings.
My hair also needs to be dried and straightened if it is to look ok, so I just tie it up. Every day.

cookielove Sun 21-Oct-12 14:55:30

Whoops i forgot to say i only wash it at night for above reasons lazy fecker

msrisotto Sun 21-Oct-12 14:55:51

It's NOT dirty to wash your hair less than once a day! Daily hair washing properly damages your hair!

Meglet Sun 21-Oct-12 14:55:53

yanbu.

I only shower and wash my hair in the evening. It's naturally wavy so it has to dry slowly.

I can't stand the thought of getting into bed dirty <<yuck>>.

ClownBikeInAVelodrome Sun 21-Oct-12 15:00:33

My hair goes weird if I sleep on it when it's remotely damp so I tend to do it in the morning but generally not every day unless I'm doing a job where I get particularly dirty or hot and sweaty (I do quite a physical job). I used to wash it at night when I was at school though to save time on cold mornings.

TheSurgeonsMate Sun 21-Oct-12 15:03:27

YANBU. I have been known to go to bed with it wet. (while single, to be fair, might be a bit unfair to other bed users to have damp pillows but I never minded.)

I need to wash in the morning, though, I don't get dirty in bed, but I do get sweaty. Not SO sweaty that I'd need to do my hair, though.

Trills Sun 21-Oct-12 15:10:43

I really don't understand how this is an issue of reasonableness.

What's the worst that could happen? Your hair might be a bit crap because it has been slept on?

HellonHeels Sun 21-Oct-12 15:15:33

I wash my hair at night (or after the gym) to save time in the morning. I shower every day, sometimes twice but probably do my hair every second day. I like a shower in the morning to wake up but use a cap thing to keep hair dry.

MadamFollywillFreakyouout Sun 21-Oct-12 15:20:08

I wash my hair three times a week: mondays, wednesdays and fridays. I would love to do it less but it gets icky on the third day and horrible on the fourth. Maybe if I get some time when I don't have to around civilised people for a few weeks I'll train it to need even less than that.

I do wash my body most days though as don't like feeling dirty.

vodkaanddietirnbru Sun 21-Oct-12 15:28:22

I only wash my hair every 2 days but shower every day. If I wash my hair the night before then I would still shower in the morning (but not wash hair) as you get sweaty when you sleep

dontdreamitsover Sun 21-Oct-12 15:31:08

I wash my hair 1-3 times a week. I usually do it at night as I prefer to lie in a bit later than having to get up early to do my hair! I don't use any products on my hair as they attract dirt and weigh it down, so I can leave it longer between washings.

Stylists generally prefer hair that is washed the night before as it's easier to style when it's had time for the natural oils to return.

TessCorpseDissect Sun 21-Oct-12 15:32:50

I always wash my hair at night. It looks better when it has been slept on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now