Talk

Advanced search

To hope work start taking risk assessment of pregnant employees a bit more seriously.

(6 Posts)
Dramajustfollowsme Sun 21-Oct-12 10:45:52

Just found out that another one of my colleagues has gone into premature labour. This is the 4th person out of 6 pregnancies that this has happened to in two years.
I complained that no risk assessment had been done for me but got nowhere. I was signed off with stress at 33 weeks and my waters broke the week later.
Hope this baby is ok too. All the premature labours have led to healthy babies do far but it is a worry.

RobynRidingHood Sun 21-Oct-12 10:46:39

It would depend on the nature of the job.

mrsbugsywugsy Sun 21-Oct-12 10:54:43

It's the policy where i work that pregnant employees should have one. I'm 26 weeks and still waiting for mine.

My job basically involves sitting at a desk so not that big a deal.

Dramajustfollowsme Sun 21-Oct-12 10:56:10

We are primary teachers. We mostly can carry on as normal but the playground duty and lack of opportunities to use the loo gets a bit much as you get further on. Lugging round laptop trollies is also pretty strenuous. I got to the point that the bump was in the way and i just couldnt move it. It may just be an unfortunate coincidence but it seems strange to me.

gordyslovesheep Sun 21-Oct-12 12:01:34

you need to get your union involved - your employer should be carrying out a risk assessment when notified of your pregnancy

www.hse.gov.uk/mothers/faqs.htm#q3

finnbarr Sun 21-Oct-12 12:22:48

You should have a risk assessment done with your input, and it should be reviewed every few months as your baby grows...it's not hard, your company should have a standard one. Even if you are working at a desk most of the time you should have a DSE/workstation assessment, as your body changes you may need changes made to your workstation etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now