Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

letting my 2 yr old potty training dd answer call of nature outside

(21 Posts)
motherteresathe3rd Sun 21-Oct-12 00:39:07

i was shopping today when my child told me they needed a wee pancking, i asked the assistant if i could take her toilet which she said they didnt have any, same with the next two shops, she wouldnt make it to mcdonalds where i was told to go by the shops so i let her do it be the side of my car hovering her, and i got a dirty look and tutting from a passer by,was being unreasonable?

AgentZigzag Sun 21-Oct-12 00:52:34

Naaa, just dirty look them back.

I've been lucky DD2 could win medals at holding on grin but if she was caught short I wouldn't watch her wet herself if there was a grate or something to hand.

Where was your car though? If it was in a car park then YWBU grin at the side of the road would just be washed away.

Unlucky to encounter such a miserable bunch of shops.

MummyPig24 Sun 21-Oct-12 07:51:04

You need a potette plus. Life saver. Great when we have been out walking or at zoos etc or just before we get in the car. Probably wouldn't get it out in a very public place but find somewhere discrete if dc was really desperate. Better than weeing on the floor but I can understand the situation you were in.

Idocrazythings Sun 21-Oct-12 08:58:36

I think if many dog owners can't pick up their dogs pops then their is no problem with your child doing a wee on a road which will be washed away with rain- if you're in an undercover car park then you just wash it away with some water which most parents have to hand. Its not like they do big adult sized wees anyway.- Ignore the ignorant tuts.

EndoplasmicReticulum Sun 21-Oct-12 09:01:41

I don't have a problem with toddler-wee. Not while there is dog-wee all over the place.

Viewofthehills Sun 21-Oct-12 09:01:59

Ignore the dirty looks. Don't know why anyone would worry about a wee.

pigletmania Sun 21-Oct-12 09:10:52

Nah totally fine, just give tem a cats bum face back. What do they expect a little toddler to do, wet their pants, and they would be the first to make a snide comment about that.

ByTheWay1 Sun 21-Oct-12 09:17:56

I wouldn't have a problem - just make sure she knows that she can't just go anywhere though.... I'm a mid day supervisor at school and we get one or two reception kids every year going off to the bushes instead of asking to go indoors to the loo... ESPECIALLY not nice if they are doing a poop!

LST Sun 21-Oct-12 09:21:32

My dog wees outside. I don't get dirty looks. So I don't see why any one would give a desperate toddler one!!

squeakytoy Sun 21-Oct-12 09:22:30

hold her over a grid.. thats what my mum used to do with me.. and what I have seen plenty of other mums do too

atacareercrossroads Sun 21-Oct-12 09:28:37

My nana used to hold me over a grid in the middle of the precinct shock

honeytea Sun 21-Oct-12 10:26:47

yanbu, next time aim the child towards the tutting people so she wees on their shoes.

omghelpmeplease Sun 21-Oct-12 10:57:20

i used to tell dd that if she closed her eyes nobody would see her too!

VacantExpression Sun 21-Oct-12 11:08:53

Second the pottette plus. Has been fab for my DS, we've used it anywhere and everywhere.

EdgarAllanPond Sun 21-Oct-12 11:10:44

pottette good, but the bags are a rip off.

nothing wrong with al fresco wee, and dogs wee in car parks ( birds do worse)

VikingLady Sun 21-Oct-12 15:54:07

My parents regularly held us over gratings grin The trick is to make sure to miss your shoes!

DH had to hold it until he got home (pil thought public loos were dirty) and regularly wet himself as a child (for which he would be punished, natch)....

We'll be doing the grating-hover with DD grin

Peka Sun 21-Oct-12 16:19:15

I saw a mum doing just that in our local park and thought 'phew' glad I moved here. When time comes to train DS I'll be able to do the same... However, the toddler did give me a dirty look for noticing ha ha!

Shutupanddrive Sun 21-Oct-12 16:33:36

YANBU, there wasn't really an alternative apart from letting her wet herself

5madthings Sun 21-Oct-12 16:34:50

yanbu, my boys regualrly weed in drains or against trees when potty training, i shall have the joy of potty training dd next year and i shall no doubt hold her over a drain or get her to squat behind a bush if needs must!

ginmakesitallok Sun 21-Oct-12 16:36:34

YANBU at all. Shame my DD2 doesn't agree though. She refuses to do al fresco wees as they make her bum cold

Kveta Sun 21-Oct-12 16:39:35

yanbu at all.

although my ds now prefers al fresco piddles, so stands at the back door asking to go out. he has taken a dump in the garden more than once too, which was less amusing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now